Answered

Collecting responses from anonymous users

• 20 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone, 

We’d like to use an NPS feedback in our videoask. However, the goal is to collect long term feedback from individual users and see how their ratings change over time. After digging around on the website I couldn’t find an exact answer, but is it possible to view respondent’s individual scores if we skip data collection (i.e. everyone remains anonymous)? 

Any answers, tips or feedback welcome!

icon

Best answer by Grace.H 21 September 2023, 12:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mferg If you don’t gather personal information, VideoAsk records the answer as “Human.” Though, I’m not quite sure if there is a way to distinguish which human is which without asking - @Grace.H may know!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Mferg 👋

When you refer to ‘skip data collection’, do you mean that you won’t enable the contact form? (I just want to double-check as we have a setting called ‘skip data collection’ which is something different and it applies to buttons and multi-choice answers).

As @Liz mentioned there, if you choose not to enable the contact form in your NPS videoask, or if the respondent chooses not to provide their contact info, the responses will come through from ‘Anonymous’ (previously referred to as ‘Human’) and you won’t be able to identify who submitted that rating, therefore you won’t be able to track that individuals changes over time.

What’s made you consider not collecting contact details and keeping respondents anonymous?