Answered

duplicate a single videoask

• 23 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hola from Spain, 

I want to duplicate a single videoask step and to copy them in other videoasks; I know that I can duplicate the entire videoask or a single videoask step in the same videoask but I only need to duplicate only 1 single step and copy it in others videoasks).

Is that possible?

Thx a lot!

icon

Best answer by Grace 23 August 2022, 19:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @IvanLC hope you’re doing well!

Right now it’s only possible to duplicate a step within the same videoask, so you can’t duplicate the step into a different videoask. This is a good feature request though, so I’ll add it to the board!

Depending on how you’re recording your videos, you might be able to find it in the media library which could cut down some time with creating steps 🤞 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks Grace for your reply.
Yeah, it seems to me a good feature to apply. My step has +20 options so I had to duplicate them again.
😅
Let’s improve VideoAsk all together!
🤙

“Depending on how you’re recording your videos, you might be able to find it in the media library which could cut down some time with creating steps”
=> Could you please provide me more info?
Some of them are from https://www.vecteezy.com/free-videos and the others I’m recording them with your platform but sometimes I don’t find them in the Library.
🤔

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @IvanLC loving all this feedback, keep it coming! 

Would it work to duplicate the videoask, and then delete the other steps or is that too complicated? 

When you select your video source, you should be able to find any previously recorded or uploaded videos under Library:

We have this Help Center article about managing your media library which could be useful, but let me know if you’re not finding the videos and we can take a look into it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Grace and thaks for your feedback.

Would it work to duplicate the videoask, and then delete the other steps or is that too complicated? 
=> If the majority of the other videoask works for you is the best solution but when you have +50 different steps done and you realised that you need 1 precise step from one videoask, it takes a lot of time that you could reduce if you’ve the chance to duplicate this single step and copy it in the other videoask.

When you select your video source, you should be able to find any previously recorded or uploaded videos under Library:
=> yes, I know it but I don’t know why I had to upload the same Vecteezy video again because I didn`t find it on Library.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Morning @IvanLC thanks for clarifying these points. I completely understand it would become too complex to duplicate the whole videoask. I’ve added it to our feature request board for now, hopefully one for the future!

With the missing video, how did you add it to videoask initially? Is it just one video that you noticed was missing? I think we might need to do some investigating into this one...