Answered

Email Contact collection problem, name is not updating

• 8 August 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a problem with our website’s VideoAsk. Whenever I entered a specific email with different name, it is getting a different name when I check the entries. Not sure why is this happening. Need help to fix this.

example:
when I use this email noemail@noemail.com with name “Itzel Test chat”, it will always reflect “Jessica” on the backend results.

I think it gets the previous data with the same email but different name. Also I already deleted that “Jessica” with same email on the backend results.

icon

Best answer by Grace 14 August 2023, 09:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Phillip Villarosa sorry for the delayed reply, somehow your message ended up in spam 🙈

I believe it’s because VideoAsk is recognising the email address being previously related to another name and the email is prioritized over the name. 

Are you just testing? In theory you shouldn’t have the same email linked to multiple names in your contacts but let me know what you’re trying to do and we can investigate further.

Hi @Grace ,

Thank you for your response. Our client is actually doing the test and we already told them how it happened, and also told them that there’s a low chance that scenario would happen with their potential leads/clients.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for confirming @Phillip Villarosa hope it all goes well for your client, let us know if there’s anything else we can help with 😊