Answered

Embeded videos start when the page is loaded

Hi

We create post our the answer videos in Circle.so (using Zapier, too). The variables are passed perfectly to the iframe and the videos/Audio/texts appear.

The problem is when the user visits the page all embedded answer videos start. It’s a bit disturbing when 6+ videos start at the same time.

We have already removed the autoplay*; parameter from the iframe but it still plays them automatically when the page loads.

Could you give us a hand to resolve this issue?

Thanks

Nathan

icon

Best answer by Nathan House 28 June 2022, 13:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Nathan House welcome to the community!

At the moment there isn’t as much control over embedded responses, so it can often be browser dependent whether the videos autoplay with sound or not. It’s something I’ve flagged with the product team as a feature request to be able to add pause autoplay settings to responses so I will keep you updated on any progress in that area. 

I think other users have got round this by downloading the videos and embedding them separately, but it would definitely be a more seamless process to be able to embed the responses directly. 

Would you be up for sharing the link to the landing page so we can see how it’s working for you?

Hi Grace

We managed to resolve the issue. We simply added ?autoplay=0 to the response’s URL.

Thanks
Nathan

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know @Nathan House ! Wasn’t sure that the parameter would work on the response so that’s great news!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Nathan House just wanted to add on that I passed this on to our product team and they’re looking at ways to make this feature easier to manage, so thank you for posting your question here!