Skip to main content
Question

End page or Result Page Customization

• 10 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi VideoAsk Team,

I’m a new member of VideoAsk and would like to ask a question.

In my project, I have 8 questions with possible answers between yes and no only, and I don't want the customer to skip a single question (meaning I made a linear logic for every step, because all questions must not be skipped).

So my question is:

Is it possible to not just make the final step the determining factor of which URL they will be redirected to. Because I want their answers to be accumulated, like which URL they will be redirected to depends on how many yes and no answers they get. 

Please let me know, thank you!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Sang Truong welcome to the community and welcome to VideoAsk!

Just want to double check, do you need to add up how many yes or no answers they get to determine which redirect they receive? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Grace !

Yes, you are right.

In my case, if for example the customer answers at least one “Yes” from the 8 questions, they will be directed to a desired landing page. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for confirming! 

I’m not 100% sure if this would work, the calculator functionality of VideoAsk isn’t very sophisticated 😅 you could try using advanced logic and the scoring feature to assign numbers to YES/NO answers to determine an outcome, but there isn’t way for it to just add up the number of each answer at the moment. 

Not sure if anyone else has any workarounds here, @Ash.NZ have you ever tried creating something like this? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Thanks for the tag @Grace 

Happy to help in relation to your question @Sang Truong

I have recently done a bit of work on scoring for a different use case and feel that I understand what you are getting at here. It is definitely possible by using advanced logic to add (or subtract) the scores up for each step. My thinking would be that you have the last step as a submit button with advanced logic, but this time with the conditions to relate to a greater than and lesser than score value, with the redirect link inserted for one and the other. 

Here is a quick screen recording to show how I set it up as an example that you may be able to follow - https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/29470646?key=98b08aee2b9641a3f2db8dc80333fbac

Then if you want to go through the example below to see if it displays as you intended. Hoping that helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Ash.NZ ! Thank you so much for the video! I got the conception and the logics of scoring feature, and I do have considered on using it, but it doesnt work for my project. The thing is every question is not connected with other questions.

My goal for the landing pages is to tell the users on which questions they have answered  “yes”, and depending on the variations, they will be redirected to a desired landing page (in other words, there willl be 8 landing pages).

But I have overcome this problem and found a solution. Thank you so much for the video and the help @Ash.NZ @Grace ! Have a great day to both of you!