Skip to main content

+1 request here for the ability to add virtual backgrounds or blurred backgrounds on webcam video recorded uploaded. 

We are considering moving away from using VideoAsk for customer support, as it does not allow our communication to stay on brand.

Moreover, the lack of blurred background option, also doesn’t protect the privacy of those who are attempting to communicate. 

I understand that backgrounds is on the feature list. Any ETA on its release would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

Hey @AriA I think this would be a great feature for VideoAsk to offer. Is there the option to use a video background remover application in the meantime? So in theory you could download the video from VideoAsk, then upload it to a background removing application, then remove and replace the background from there. I haven’t tried or am not affiliated with this option (https://www.fotor.com/video-background-remover/), but could possibly be worth a try to get the background replaced and exactly the way you want. A little bit of work, but hopefully a suitable workaround for the meantime?

The other option I would be happy to look into, is seeing if an automation could be set up that allows this to happen in a custom way to deliver that outcome. There is that lot that can be done in this space with using an automation tool like make.com to automate and connect applications. If that is of interest, I am happy to do some discovery work in my free time and come back to you about this. Just let me know 😊

Thanks so much for the upvote @AriA It’s definitely a popular feature request so I will pass on the feedback to our product team for consideration 😊

And great shout on using a background remover tool @Ash.NZ, hadn’t thought about that one! 

Let us know if you end up looking into an automation with Make, I’m sure @Michaela and other folks from the Make community would be keen to hear how it goes! 

@AriA You can also use https://www.unscreen.com/ it’s a free tool and I’ve used it for my VideoAsk before.