Question

?hideplay is not hiding

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Have i missed something?  i have added the ?hideplay to my link, including & between other hidden features but the play button is still visible

27 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Andrew Blake welcome to the community! 

Would you be able to share the link, or screen shot it so we can see the format? Could be good to know how you’re sharing the videoask too just in case that’s causing any issues.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the reply Grace… I think i have sorted the problem out and appears to be working...Can you help me with another matter pleas? I am a Chatbot provider and i see that there is the ability to create chatbots with a voice feature i also notice there appears to be a big difference between the typeform builder and the videoask builder i currently have a videoask account would i be better with tyepform and if so is there any way i can move just 1 big videoask over to tyeform

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Andrew Blake, I hope you’re doing well! (Btw, our parents clearly had great taste in names 😉)

Can you tell me a bit more about your end goal? Once I have a clearer picture of that, I can share more guidance on whether VideoAsk, Typeform, or some combination of the two will best suit your needs 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Andrew sorry for the late reply, in answer to your question i am a chatbot provider creating chatbots for my customers which are car websites i think i am going to stick to the videoask app as this facilitates a and visually pleasing appearance rather than the chat feature which works a traditional chatbot integration, plus i have got my head round building the video asks. Perhaps you can help me with one detail that appears incorrectly and thats my embedded widget, when clicked on the videoask widget fires-up and plays in mute but i don’t won’t it to auto play i have selected the necessary toggle in the advanced settings which works as far as when the link is opened but not for the embedded widget it’s self any idea how to correct this please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Andrew Blake, sounds like you’ve made some progress and you’re on the right track!

In terms of the pause autoplay feature, which is what it sounds like you’re using, I believe there’s currently a bug with it that our engineers are working on fixing. 

That being said, if you’re able to share a link to the webpage where your videoask is embedded, I’m happy to take a further look 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Sure thanks for the help www.aigarges.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing that, @Andrew Blake!

Like you mentioned, I saw that the video automatically plays regardless of you having enabled the pause autoplay feature. I was also able to reproduce this issue in my personal VideoAsk account.

The good news is that our engineers are already aware of this bug. Unfortunately, at the moment, I’m unable to provide an ETA as to when this will be fixed.

If there’s anything else we can help you with, let me know!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

yes there is one major sticking block that i am up against but i don’t know if you can help me with it i need to create an email automation and i have chosen to go with Pabbly connect rather than Zapier but as a novice i am struggling to create the correct filter i need to create a filter that triggers an email containing all the videoask responses only if and when a certain question is answered i know it’s entirely possible but i just don’t get how to select the necessary parameters and i am getting nowhere with Pabbly as their site is a mine field    

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Andrew Blake Hmm, I’m not familiar with Pabbly. However, we can try to help you get connected on the VideoAsk side! Feel free to send our support team a message. If you can send a screen recording of what you’re seeing, that will help expedite things 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Andrew can i ask you as far as type form is concerned do they offer an integrated emailing facility where i could avoid the need to use a third party automation the likes of zapier and pabbly?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Andrew Blake Actually, I forgot to mention this earlier…

VideoAsk does have a built-in email solution. It may or may not work for you depending on your use case and workflow, but it allows you to send a confirmation email to respondents who complete your videoask. Within that email, they can also click a link to view all their responses. 

You can learn more about it here: https://www.videoask.com/help/responses/10252092504212-send-an-automated-email-confirmation-to-respondents

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks for the response, is there anyway to send that information to another email address rather than the respondent?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Andrew Blake Essentially, yes! The email address associated with your VideoAsk account will receive a similar message whenever your videoask has a new response.

The only real difference is that you have to log into your videoask account to view the conversation, whereas the respondent receiving the confirmation email can click the link without logging into an account. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thanks, let me elaborate, each videoask i create is done for a different customer the customer  will have a number of respondents to their videoasks i need each of my customers to receive the notifications to their specific email address not the the actual respondents and ideally a copy to me so if for example i have 5 videoasks the responses need to go to five different email addresses, is that possible? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Andrew Blake Thanks for sharing! That’s super useful context.

You can accomplish this by moving each client’s videoask into a corresponding folder for that specific client. Then you can invite each client to your VideoAsk account, granting them access only to their dedicated folder. 

As long as you and each client has email notifications enabled, you’ll both receive emails whenever new responses roll in 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thats perfect, wow thank you so much…..so i won’t need to worry about pabbly after all 😋 how do i create a foilder Andrew i can’t tell you how pleased last message made me

THANK YOU 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Andrew when each videoask is in it’s unique folder does that mean that particular videoask/customer will receive email notification that there’s a respondents reply  to see and all they need to do is login with the restricted permission to just view their responses?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So happy to hear that, @Andrew Blake 🙂

You can learn more about folders here.

And yes, that’s correct. When a teammate has access to a folder and has email notifications enabled, they’ll receive an email whenever a new reply comes in. If they reply to a respondent, they’ll also be notified when the respondent replies back as well.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

And just to double confirm each folder can have a it’s own email address to send out notifications too….I am shocked the whole pabbly thing was becoming a deal breaker from what otherwise is the perfect platform partner (videoask) for me, this was the only thing holding me back 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Andrew Blake Pretty much! (Technically speaking, you don’t really assign an email address to a folder. But you essentially do this by inviting a team member to your account and limiting their access to their corresponding folder.) 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Ah ha.. ok so essentially the team member (customer a, b ,c  etc) is notified  that there has been a response to their particular videoask and it’s the team member (customer) who’s email ti will be adding to my account

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Andrew Blake Exactly!

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Andrew,

I have now created two folders one for my original creation and the other as a test folder/videoask. I have also invited a team member by email (me using another email address)  and accepted the invitation however it is showing as pending despite being accepted, so i can’t test setting up permissions please see below. is there a time frame for this to be actioned? When i run out of seats 🤞what will be the cost for additional seats please?

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Andrew Blake, thanks for following up.

Are you able to access the folder and videoask on your other account and it’s just inaccurately showing pending, or you’re not able to access anything? 

As far as seats, I can connect you with our sales team to discuss enterprise pricing if you want to upgrade beyond 10 seats 🙂