Answered

How to edit the 'contact details' questions

• 26 January 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi lovely people,

I can’t find a way to change the ‘contact details’ text, which currently reads “Before we continue, please leave your contact details so we can get back to you.”   

Is there some way to edit this?

Related, I created a ‘next’ button but it says in the middle of the video. Is there any way to reposition it?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Liz 26 January 2024, 15:26

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hayo Reinders Thanks for stopping by the community! I’ve reached out to the VideoAsk support team on this one, as I’m not 100% sure if either of these elements are able to be edited. I’ll be back with a certain answer shortly. 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @Hayo Reinders ! These elements are able to be edited! To change the text of the contact form, you’ll want to follow the steps here

As for changing the other prompts, you’ll find instructions on doing that here

Let us know if you think of any other questions!

Userlevel 1

Thank you, Liz. I was able to change the default texts, which is great.

Do you also know if it is possible to change the position of buttons? Mine is currently blocking part of my video…

> Related, I created a ‘next’ button but it stays in the middle of the video. Is there any way to reposition it?

Badge

Hi Heyo - I had this issue when it was embedded on my site, but I found it was a function of the minimum width I believe i.e. answers will overlay onto the video, rather that in a separate section. I couldn’t find any other answer to this, so am interested in any other replies!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hayo Reinders and @Westwood Alrighty, I’ve heard back from the support team, and they let me know that this is a feature request. However, you can change both the oversize on the video button and the button border radius following the steps here. Hopefully this helps!

Userlevel 1

Thanks Liz. I hope this gets fixed soon as no matter how I resize the video, the button covers part of my face, which doesn’t look very professional :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh yes, I can definitely see why you might want to resize the button, @Hayo Reinders ! 😅

@Grace might also have some video suggestions for you to help with this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey all!

The only thing I can suggest is using the delay answer option, so the button doesn’t appear the whole way through the video - would that maybe work for now? 

Userlevel 1

Oh, that’ clever, thanks @Grace   I had overlooked that option :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Glad I could help @Hayo Reinders and we’ll keep you posted with any news on being able to customize button size/position 😊

Userlevel 1

Hi again, I’m probably very dumb but I can’t see where I can add a question on the editor if I would like people to give me an open-ended answer. I can see that option for multiple choice for example.

I’m including a screenshot. Sorry if I’m overlooking something super obvious!