Answered

How To Get Videoask To Display Different Products Results Based on Answers

• 25 April 2023
  • 2 replies

If there’s a videoask developer in the Community that may be able to help, please provide their username.

I’m attempting to redirect quiz visitors to specific product results page based on answers to their VideoAsk. Ideally, I would be able to tag specific answers on different questions which would have conditional logic and redirect to specific product results page URL’s.

For example, if a visitor answers; “Yes,” to the question that asks if they would like to lose 25 pounds or more then, I need to be able to display our weight loss product immediately after the quiz on our product results page. Additionally, if they also answer “Yes,” to another question, this would enable me to show both the weight loss product and another product on the product results page as well which would be a different URL that displays both products.

We can easily create multiple product results pages that display one or more products, in which the visitor can be redirected to based on their answers, but how to “tag” different answers and different questions with conditional logic doesn’t appear to be possible within Videoask.

Hoping someone knows if there’s a built in solution to accomplish this or if this is possible with some custom coding.

Thanks in advance for anyone’s reply that may provide some insight.

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 25 April 2023, 18:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Richard69, I hope you’re doing well! 

The simplest solution I can think of is the following:

• Add a ‘Redirect to URL’ at the end of the videoask
  • Within that URL field, enter the product page URL (e.g. http://example.com)
  • Add the answer from each step of the videoask as a URL parameter (e.g. http://example.com/q1=a1&q2=a1...) 
  • Then you can build a landing page for each combination

This solution requires nothing special in VideoAsk, other than simply passing through the answer choices in the URL 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Richard69 - here’s a post (thank you @Grace) that may link you up: 

des