Answered

How to make the back camera default open in VideoAsk?

• 18 October 2023
  • 3 replies

When a respondent is prompted to record a video I want their camera to default open with the Back Camera, not the front. Many of my respondents do not figure out how to flip the camera around and abandon my request. They are not recording a selfie video, rather, areas of their home for us so the back camera is needed. 

icon

Best answer by Grace 20 October 2023, 16:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Premier Thanks for stopping by the community! I’m not sure if there is an option to set this as a default, but tagging @Grace in case she knows. 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Premier great question! I’m not sure I have ever seen this one come up before and can understand the need for a front camera in this situation. 

There’s not a way to select a default camera from VideoAsk itself, it will be based on device or browser settings, which VideoAsk probably can’t override. 

I’m just checking with the team though and will let you know if I hear anything different.

As a workaround perhaps you could include a brief explanation in your video reminding respondents to select the camera from the drop down list at the top of the screen? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Premier just a little update, this is currently a feature request so I have added a +1 to the request and flagged it with our product team. 

At the moment it’s not on the roadmap but I will let you know if anything changes. 

Let us know if you have any other feedback or questions in the meantime 😊