Skip to main content

Hi,

I tried to search previous posts and was not able to find the answer to my question. Is it possible for our submitters to upload a image for their video background similar to what a user can do in a Zoom or Team meeting? We are collecting a series of testimonies for our organization and would like our participants to use a branded background for consistency.

Thank you! 

Hey @Academy of Breastfeeding Med welcome to the community 😊

It’s not possible to add a background to a video that’s recorded through VideoAsk. As a workaround they could record the video outside the platform using the background and then upload that as the response. 

We do have backgrounds on the feature request board, so I will add a +1 to it! 

+1 for virtual backgrounds on the feature request board. It is a pain trying to record a Google Meet (to get a virtual background, then to upload the video separately). This feature is very much needed in order for businesses to maintain their communications “on brand” or either, just blur out the background for privacy reasons.

Hey @AriA and @Academy of Breastfeeding Med  I think this would be a great feature for VideoAsk to offer. Is there the option to use a video background remover application in the meantime? So in theory you could download the video from VideoAsk, then upload it to a background removing application, then remove and replace with the ideal background from there. I haven’t tried or am not affiliated with this option (https://www.fotor.com/video-background-remover/), but could possibly be worth a try to get the background replaced and exactly the way you want. A little bit of extra work, but hopefully a suitable workaround for the meantime?

The other option I would be happy to look into, is seeing if an automation could be set up that allows this to happen in a custom way to deliver that outcome. There is that lot that can be done in this space with using an automation tool like make.com to automate and connect applications. If that is of interest, I am happy to do some discovery work in my free time and come back to you about this. Just let me know 😊