Answered

integratre live chat to videoask

• 30 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi guy,
I hope you can help me once again.
Is there a possibility to integrate a in app live chat for text messages besides the live video call?

Thanks & best wishes,

Patrick

icon

Best answer by Grace 30 June 2022, 17:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Patrick! Good to hear from you @contastic.live 

It’s not possible to create a text live chat within videoask right now, what’s your use case? Would be cool to hear what you’re thinking of using it for, maybe we can find a workaround for you?

Will add it as a feature request in the meantime 🙏

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Grace Thanks for your quick reply.
I am running a service for recommendations, some of the customers are not comfortable to video call at the first contact but a direct live response is necessary. For now I am redirecting them out to WhatsApp but I would prefer to do all interactions at one place inapp.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh that sounds very cool! 

I’m not sure if live chat capabilities are on the roadmap right now, but it’s great to hear what you would need from the product as you never know where it might take us… 

VideoAsk is definitely good for product matching and recommendations but I understand if you need that live element the call might not always work, the only thing I can think would be to have an open-ended answer type that’s being monitored so you can reply back quickly, but it’s not quite the instant interaction of a WhatsApp or live chat 🤔

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Grace that’s true, I do have to transfer the customers data and so on.

Who knows if you guys will add this or some kind of instant chat feature in the future.
In general I am very happy with all the possibilities videoask provides and it is a great UX.
Is it possible to embed the typeform chat to a videoask step?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oooh great feature request there @contastic.live ! It’s not possible right now, but we’re certainly looking at more ways we can integrate the two products so who knows! 

I’m passing all this feedback on to the product team now, glad you’re happy with everything overall hope we can continue to build on this!