Answered

LiveCall (video), what about LiveCall (audio)?

• 11 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I love the LiveCall feature in VideoAsk, such a great feature, but it has one problem for us; it only allows for video calls. Is it possible to have also just audio calls? 

Not all customers want a video call. Most of our clients are at home, unprepared for a live call, and prefer just an audio call. A video call is a turn-off and they will not press the “video call” now option. 

If it’s not implemented, it would be great to have it. The feature is already there for video with audio; what about only audio?. 

I am looking forward to hearing from VideoAsk or the community since this is an important matter for our implementation. 

Thanks!.

Max

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 11 October 2022, 18:30

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey there, @MaxUnico! 👋

This is a phenomenal feature request, and I’m confident that many VideoAsk customers (and respondents!) can benefit from it.

While this isn’t currently on our product roadmap, I’ve gone ahead and added it to our internal feature request board. This will indicate to our product team that there is demand for this feature, so hopefully it’s something they can introduce in the future.

As you mentioned, the infrastructure for audio conversations already exists in VideoAsk… so it may even potentially be a “quick win” for our team to execute. No promises though! 🤞

Lastly, I’d encourage you to sign up for our new VideoAsk Feedback Club. You may have the opportunity to share your ideas directly with our product team 🚀

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey there, @MaxUnico! 👋

As you mentioned, the infrastructure for audio conversations already exists in VideoAsk… so it may even potentially be a “quick win” for our team to execute. No promises though! 🤞

Thank you, Andrew, for your answer. As you just said, the infrastructure already exists. You already have the audio + video. It’s just the audio. It would be great if the feature could be implemented and end users could choose if live audio or live video.

I personally think that many VideAsk users have believed that the video call is a great feature, but some of them may not have implemented this feature because they knew some clients would not use or like a “video” call. People are not ready for a “live” call. It happens to all of us! We won’t answer a video call if we don’t look nice! :) 

I think with audio, some VideoAsk users may jump and add the only audio feature to their flows. It’s a no-brainer, more in companies with call centers or companies that receive direct calls. 

I made a VideoAsk presentation at my company to implement it, and they all loved VideoAsk. But they all said, “Max, our clients will not want you to see them live at their homes.” Doesn’t VideoAsk have audio? (I knew the question was coming!). They asked me this expecting it as if it was a common feature since you already have a video. 

I hope it’s implemented soon, and it would be great if other VideoAsk users shared their thoughts about implementing this feature. 

Thanks!

Max