Answered

More Control Over Contact Form in VideoAsk

• 27 September 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Sharing wisdom
  • 15 replies

I can edit the contact form easily enough using this guide, but I would really like to ask for First Name on the first row and Last Name on the second row, and this is effectively impossible. The only way I can do it is to either:

1. change “Name” to “First Name” and “Product Name” to “Last Name,” but then the contact form is super-janky because the email and phone number fields separate the First Name field from the Last Name field, or
  2. ask an open ended (free response) question right before the contact form that is just for “First Name” or “Last Name” and then change the “Name” field to be the other one, but then the collection is super-janky because I am effectively breaking up the contact form into two screens​​​​​

I would love to see more control over the contact form, please!

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 28 September 2022, 17:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @TMo hope you’re doing well!

As you’ve said, it’s not possible to collect first and last names separately yet without using one of the workarounds you mentioned.

It’s already on our feature request board (and is a pretty popular request) so I’ve added a +1 to it and included your post as an example of why it would be great to be able to customize the contact form further.

Watch this space, as I think making updates to the contact form is on the product teams radar 🤞 I’ll keep you posted with any news on this! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

This is a total must to allow for the easy collection of First Name and Last Name separately, so that when we want to reference those fields to personalize we don’t need to call them by their full name (ackward). When is the last time you addressed your friend, “Hello Dave Johnson, great to see you.” We must get this fixed if VideoAsk mission is to deliver a “personal touch” feeling, the functionality must match. 

Update on when we can expect this to be fixed please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @SJD, well said! I agree that this feature will help improve the “personal touch” factor of VideoAsk.

The ability to create separate fields for first and last name on the contact form is currently on our internal feature request board, but it’s not currently on our roadmap for development.

In the meantime, I would suggest creating two steps in your videoask. One where you capture first name, another where you ask the respondent for their last name. Then you can capture that information independently.

Alternatively, if you’re using a tool like Zapier, you could easily format the text with a space separator. That way you could split the full name into a first and last name.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I can’t believe it’s not possible to add a form in the VideoAsk process, especially for a company owned by TypeFORM. I need to ask the user for the street address, Apartment or Unit, City, State, zip Code. A total of 5 fields. I can’t have the person go through 5 different steps in VideoAsk to ask for information that one can enter on the same page or view.

Working on moving my company’s basic sales flows to VideoAsk but I found today, and now searching this forum, that it’s not possible. 

Any solution?. What about collecting the info with Typeform and adding the form to the VideoAsk flow?.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MaxUnico, thanks for sharing your feedback!

You can definitely add Typeform to your workflow, passing the information you collect in your typeform to videoask using variables

You can set up your workflow in whatever order you’d like, but I might recommend:

1. VideoAsk (intro)
  2. Typeform (name, email, other 5 fields)
  3. VideoAsk (remainder of questions)

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @MaxUnico, thanks for sharing your feedback!

You can definitely add Typeform to your workflow, passing the information you collect in your typeform to videoask using variables

You can set up your workflow in whatever order you’d like, but I might recommend:

1. VideoAsk (intro)
  2. Typeform (name, email, other 5 fields)
  3. VideoAsk (remainder of questions)

I hope this helps!

I also see in the Typeform forums that Typeform does not have an address field either (a huge list of people asking for this basic info). 

A question for you @andrew_videoask . Is it possible in VideoAsk to insert a blank field? For example, ask the person “please enter the full address including zip and city”. A free feel that allows me to collect this info even if it’s not the best way to do it. 

Thanks!

Max

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @MaxUnico, you can certainly do that!

You can either create a standalone step and allow only the text answer type, or you can add the Product Name field to your contact form and rename the field by editing the interface text.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @MaxUnico, you can certainly do that!

You can either create a standalone step and allow only the text answer type, or you can add the Product Name field to your contact form and rename the field by editing the interface text.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Thank you @andrew_videoask , let me see how I can solve it. I will let you know if I have any other questions.