Answered

Open Ended Question Scoring within Videoask

• 28 April 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi -

Help! Is there a way to score Open Ended (video only) response questions from within the Videoask application? I’m sure there’s a solution out here. Please see my use case below: 

Use Case One-Way Video Interview Process: 

Process would include:

User: 

• Being asked 6 Open Ended Questions (One Way Interview) immediately followed by
  • Completing 40 Multiple Choice Questions (as part of a Personality Assessment with scoring logic built into each question on the backend) 
  • Would get to the end screen signifying completing of the interview process and closes window 

HR Rep:

• Provided with notification of Applicant Completion of Interview Process 
  • Goes to Videoask application 
  • Selects Applicant’s completed interview 
  • Manual reviews each Open Ended (video only) response 
  • Ideally: Scores each question with some scoring methodology from within the Videoask application. As an example, let’s use Likert Scale with values of 5 = Good, 3 = Fair, 1 = Poor  

System: (after last Open Ended question has been scored)

• Take the total score from the 40 Multiple Choice questions
  • Add them to the total score of the 6 Open Ended question 
  • Provide HR Rep with a Total Score (MVP)
  • (Being Creative) Through possibly a Zapier integration, pass Total Score value back the the CRM (LeadConnector) which would then trigger downstream actions

If that’s not possible could we: 

System:

• Through a zapier integration pass the Score Total value from the Multiple Choice questions only (from Videoask) into a Google Sheet
  • The Google Sheet would be created for each Applicant (zapier) when their interview is  completed (through zapier integration) 
  • HR Rep would be then notified (as per usual) and provided with the url links to both the Google Sheet and Videoask (within the CRM passed via zapier living on the Applicant’s Contact Record)
  • When HR Rep opens Google Sheet it would contain the 6 Open Ended Video Interview Questions (that they can score from within the Google Sheet) 
  • The Open Ended Question score would then be added to the Multiple Choice Question score provided from Videoask to derive at a Total Score 
  • Google Sheet would then pass the Total Score value back the the CRM triggering downstream actions 

Signed,  

Clearly looking for options here

-David 

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 28 April 2023, 19:28

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @David Thoreau!

While VideoAsk does have a tagging feature, I’m not sure it would be useful for the workflow you outlined in the first scenario.

Your second option is likely the happy medium between being an intuitive process for reviewers without requiring an overly technical configuration process.

If you’re a developer (or have one on your team), here’s another idea that would be very seamless. However, it would take quite a bit of effort to get it up and running at first…

Whenever a complete response/application comes in, you could fire a webhook. This would send all the respondent’s data to your server/custom application. From there, your code could automatically create a new videoask where the respondent’s answers are the video content and the answer choices are the Likert scale you mentioned.

In other words, you would convert the applicant’s answers into a videoask designed for the reviewer. The reviewer can then score each question, one by one. When the reviewer finishes the videoask, you could send the score to your CRM.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I think I’ll do solution 2 ask MVP and then at a later time implement your kick ass solution. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Andrew -

In videoask I: 

1. Created my Video Interview 
  2. Created my Multiple Choice Questions 

However, when I go to the advance logic section and try to use the ‘add’ functionality (https://www.videoask.com/help/how-it-works/4416621623188-score-your-respondents-answers#h_01FTWNY0SRGVRZ7Q8RRFFH0Z93) its not there.

Figuring that if I set the logic  to ‘equal to’  the logic would assume that you want all the scores to be ‘added’ together and then reflect the total in the score section.

It didn’t do that either LOL. Can you help.

-David 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @David Thoreau, try clicking the + button below the “Score is equal to 4” component. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for reaching back so quickly.

From what I can see, all clicking the plus button does is present  to the user the ability to add another condition. 

Am I missing something?  I wish I could send you the video recording because it’s just there.

V/r

-D

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@David Thoreau Oops, my bad. Try clicking on the + button below the “jump to” component. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Drill Sargent I see the light! (OH THANK GOD)

Did I do the logic right??

Userlevel 1
Badge

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@David Thoreau LOL! You probably want to click the minus sign (on the far right) next to the “Score is equal to 4” part. 

If you keep the logic as is, the respondent’s score will only increase by 4 if their score is already 4 when they reach this step.