Answered

Option to "enable Collect Contact in this Step" is not allowed

• 24 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Following the instructions in VideoAsk’s help articles, it says that to collect contact information, I simply need to toggle this option on (simple,right?)

But within the step, I see the toggle, but it will not allow me to toggle it on. What am I missing here? Is it only allowed for certain plans/subscriptions?

Here is a video of what I’m referring to: 

You may not be able to see/hear at the end, but I am clicking the toggle over and over, nothing is happening.

icon

Best answer by hbeckwith 25 April 2023, 19:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @hbeckwith thanks for stopping by the community 😊

At the end of the video it looks like the contact form did toggle on, as it went green, can you confirm if you’ve managed to get the contact form working now?

This is a feature that should be available on every plan so if it’s still not working we might need to get some more details from you to investigate if there’s a bug. 

Thanks for flagging! 

Badge +1

Hi @hbeckwith thanks for stopping by the community 😊

At the end of the video it looks like the contact form did toggle on, as it went green, can you confirm if you’ve managed to get the contact form working now?

This is a feature that should be available on every plan so if it’s still not working we might need to get some more details from you to investigate if there’s a bug. 

Thanks for flagging! 

That is so strange. I clicked it multiple times (and had tried this multiple times prior to making this video), I never saw that toggle turn on. It’s like it happened once I stopped the recording.👻

I even did a live test after this, and the contact form did not work.

I eventually got this fixed (the toggle still shows off, but the contact form is working now), only after playing around with the contact form language itself. Now suddenly it seems to be working fine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

hhmm that’s a bit strange @hbeckwith 🤔 I’m glad it’s working but keep us posted on this if you spot anything else happening.