Answered

PLEASE HELP: How do I pass 'name' + 'email' from VideoAsk to Typeform?

• 13 March 2022
  • 1 reply

Current set up:
Videoask 👉 Typeform (Application) 👉 Calendly (Discovery Call)

Problem:
I want to collect Name + Email BEFORE lead submits application with VideoAsk WITHOUT leads having to put email in a second time on Typeform.

Question:

How do I pass 'name' + 'email' from VideoAsk to Typeform?

icon

Best answer by Grace 14 March 2022, 09:28

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Josh Campbell welcome to the community!

To set up passing contact details from videoask to typeform you’ll need to make sure you add hidden fields to your typeform once you’ve set up the flow, if you’re collecting name and email add in @contact_name and @contact_email hidden fields. Once that’s done and you’re happy with the flow, make sure to publish your typeform. 

Over on VideoAsk you then need to add contact variables - so once you’ve created the flow, select the step you want to redirect from and go to the logic tab. Here you can paste the typeform URL into the redirect field, you’ll notice the typeform URL will include the placeholders XXXX for the contact details (for example #contact_name=XXXX) you’ll need to delete the XXXX and type @ which will pull up a list of variables to select from - choose the corresponding variable (Contact name/Contact email) then click save. Double check the end of the URL and then click Done on the step.

Now when you share your videoask contact details will be passed across to your typeform so respondents don’t need to enter their information twice :rocket:

We have a step by step walk through of how to set this up (plus how to go from a typeform to a videoask too) over on the help center here.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have more questions! :blush: