Answered

"Record Your Answer" video button. Can I change it?

• 1 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello:
We are using VideoAsk to collect video testimonials from customers. I cannot find a way to change the “Record your answer” button. Given the fact it’s a testimonial, the word “answer” really doesn’t fit here. It is the only option / button however that I can use to launch the video record sequence. Thanks in advance! Michael.

icon

Best answer by Grace 2 March 2022, 11:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Michael VanDerAa thanks for stopping by with your question :blush:

Totally get that you would want to change that wording for collecting testimonials! You’ll need to create a custom language to edit the interface text. 

Head to Settings in your videoask builder and then select the + button next to Language:

You will need to name your custom language, and then it will bring up a list of all the different prompts and instructions that you can edit, if you scroll down a bit under Answer types you should find the option to change Record your answer:

Once you’ve finished editing you just need to save the custom language and then that will appear in the language settings so you can edit or delete it any time you need to.

Hopefully that helps but let me know if you have any other questions :rocket:

Userlevel 1

Grace: Thank you! This was exactly what I was looking to do, and the instructions you outlined are very clear. Thank you for taking time to respond. It worked!

Michael. 

Has this been added as a feature request? Would be way more efficient to just be able to edit right then and there and get things going.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Michael VanDerAa you’re very welcome, happy to help!

Hey @Deborah Henderson yep it is currently a feature request and there have been some discussions already around how we can simplify the process so hopefully it’s something that gets refined as we keep improving VideoAsk!

Let us know if you have any other thoughts or feedback :blush: