Answered

Redirect URL

Badge

I tried to add my Website @URL to the end of my video ask and I get the message:

“This URL looks invalid”

But it is definitely my URL???

icon

Best answer by Grace.H 16 August 2023, 09:07

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Marc C Pamfilis can you share the URL here so we can check it?

Badge

https://www.shihanmarc.com/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Marc C Pamfilis I’ve just tested the URL by redirecting at the end of one of my videoasks and it worked fine.

Could you share a screen shot of the setup here so I can see what might be going wrong for you? 

Badge

any idea what is wrong?

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Marc C Pamfilis Hey! 👋 Our support team just replied to the request you sent in about this yesterday. Could you please look out for that reply in your email inbox and reply directly there? Thank you!

Badge

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Marc C Pamfilis Thank you for the screenshots - that’s really helpful.

When this ‘Refused to connect’ message shows in the builder as you preview your URL redirect, it’s because your website's server has set certain restrictions to prevent the embedding of it’s content in frames on other domains (like videoask.com). This is a security measure implemented by the website to protect its content from being maliciously embedded or framed by other websites. 

This will only be affecting our ability to display a preview of your website’s content within your videoask account and does not stop the URL redirect from working successfully for your respondents, because you’d only be redirecting to the website and not embedding the content directly in your videoask. 

If you keep everything set up as it is and then click on the ‘Preview’ button to go through your videoask as a respondent, you’ll see that the redirect works as expected. 

Sorry for any confusion this caused but I hope this info helps!

Let us know if you still have any questions.

Badge

I do not see an email???

Badge

Sorry, I see the answer above. I sent it to myself and it definitely works. Thank you, Marc

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great to hear @Marc C Pamfilis 🙌

Re the email from the support team, it might have gone to spam so maybe worth checking there! Let us know if you didn’t receive it (I know you’ve resolved this one but could be worth checking in case you need to reach out in the future)

Badge

Thanks for your help. Could not find an amil in spam. But I did send out my first Video Ask Surveys just now, so I am excited to see the results :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for confirming @Marc C Pamfilis we’ll have a look into where the email went…

Great news that you’ve sent out your first surveys! Let us know how it goes 🎉