Question

remove the X on content of video overlay

• 2 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

This is the content that appears over the video. How do I remove the X (close button) shown in this image on VideoAsk so that the user is not able to close the question? Thank you.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Tagging @Grace here as well for some help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @rootedvikram if you pop to Settings in the builder area of the videoask, go to the Advanced tab and at the bottom you should see an option to toggle on/off show close text button:

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for the response, @Grace . But even when I toggle it to “off”, the X close button still shows. Is it a bug? Or, is it just my computer acting up? Could you please check? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rootedvikram I’ve just tested it and it seems to be working for me, could you maybe try it again or switch to a different browser? 

Also, when you switched the toggle off did you see a pop up that said “saved successfully”?  Sometimes if I move too fast around VideoAsk it doesn’t keep up with the changes I’ve made so it could be that.

Let me know how you get on 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @grace

Thank you for your reply.

I tried a different browser. I also waited for Saved Successfully pop up. The X still appears. :(

Here’s a video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BDo3F8KShil5vVCUXQ4UTxoyW7xlckEk/view?usp=sharing

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @rootedvikram thanks so much for the video, I just tested with a password protected videoask and I have the same issue, so looks like there could be a bug with password protected videoasks.

I will get this reported and let you know once it’s been fixed! 🙏