Answered

Retrieving every data in organization using the VideoAsk API

• 10 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I want to ask, if it is possible to get every form and contacts with their answers knowing only the organization id, using the VideoAsk API?

icon

Best answer by andrew_videoask 10 March 2022, 19:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Hatházi Zsolt, this is a great question! The simple answer is: essentially, yes. 

You will also need to use an API token, but I assume you already know that. The only other required piece of information is the organization ID. 

The only caveat here is that it seems you can only retrieve up to 100 responses per videoask using this technique. So if you want to automatically fetch data for videoasks that exceed that response threshold, then I wouldn’t recommend this approach.

Either way, it’s certainly best practice to use webhooks to proactively process data as it’s submitted by respondents. This method is more reactive and should only be used as a last resort if you forgot to set up webhooks from the outset.

Here is some sample Python code that solves your question. It uses three endpoints: 

I hope this helps!

Thank you, I have one more question, are there any filtering options, when I call this endpoint https://api.videoask.com/forms/FORM-ID/contacts/CONTACT-ID/?include_answers=true?

Basically what I want to do is to filter out them so I will get only the contacts who replied to all the answers in the form.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Good question, @Hatházi Zsolt!

It’s not currently possible to filter out complete responses via the endpoint/URL parameters.

However, you can retrieve this information from the API response. Specifically, you should see a value called “status,” which can either be “completed” or “dropped_out”.

This would allow you to exclude incomplete responses.