Answered

Sharing Videoask variables across multiple form redirects

• 17 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I have a lengthy Videoask form that takes between 30 - 45 minutes to complete. The chances that people will complete the entire form in one sitting is slim so I had to break the form into 6 sections with each section being a separate form. All 6 forms were connected via the redirect function.

Now the challenge is - while I am able to capture the client’s name and email on the 1st form, and have this sent to the 2nd form using variables, the name and email are not passed on to the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th forms and that information is important otherwise it would be impossible to distinguish client responses.

Is there a way around this?

icon

Best answer by Grace 18 January 2024, 10:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gene.C Thanks for stopping by the community! I believe you’ll need to pass the variables throughout each form, but @Grace can confirm this. 😀

Hi @Liz thanks for the response. I tried that but it didn’t work. The name and email fields on each form was replaced with “XXXX”

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gene.C great question!

If you are redirecting to multiple videoasks you need to make sure the contact form is enabled in each videoask. The respondent won’t see the contact form but that’s what will help the variable pull through the contact information from the first videoask through to each one following it.

We have this Help Center article on adding variables to a URL redirect if you need any more info, but let us know if that works! 

Hi @Grace, thanks for sharing the resource! 

I followed every step in the help center article but I still get an XXXX as name and X@XXXX.com as email for the succeeding VideoAsks.

In addition, the Stripe form also auto fills XXXX as name and X@XXXX.com as email.

Any way to resolve this?

@Grace To add more context, I have all 6 Videoasks embedded as iframes on different pages of my website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Gene.C thanks for the extra context, it could be the embedding that’s causing the issue. 

Have you tried adding the parameter ?redirect_target=self to the end of  each videoask URL?