Time session for a long VideoAsk

• 2 August 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hola from Spain!
😉

My name is Ivan.

I’m building a very long VideoAsk (we’re an association and it’s the Registration Procedure for new associates) and in some steps they need to ask questions that maybe they will need to look for, taking time, so I was wondering:

1. which is the maximum time session?
  2. any option to increase it?
  3. once they lost the session, they will need to start all the procedure again or the session will be save?

Thx a lot!

icon

Best answer by Grace 2 August 2022, 11:43

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hola @IvanLC 👋

Great to hear you’re using VideoAsk for your registration procedure! 

If a videoask is left unanswered for more than an hour it will effectively timeout, so as long as it’s not going to take more than an hour between steps to answer it should be ok but it might be worth doing some testing on this before sharing it publicly.

VideoAsk collects responses as each step is completed so it could be if someone gets half way through the videoask and then drops off, you will receive an incomplete set of responses in your inbox. This means you can identify if a person hasn’t completed the videoask and reach back out to them asking them to try again if needed. 

There isn’t a way to save the session, (although this is a feature request, so I will add a +1 to it on the feature request board!) if they go away and come back or close the videoask they would need to start the process again.

Hopefully this all helps as you’re building out the flow but let me know if you have any other questions!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thanks a lot Grace for your quick response.

I think that 1h will be enough.

Yes! I'll put another questions.

Thank you in advance.