Answered

Uploaded video in VideoAsk differs from the original video

• 30 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

After uploading a video (file), the colors of the video that I see in VideoAsk are much different than in the original video. This no longer seems natural. Can someone please help me with this?

Tx and kind regards,

Anja

icon

Best answer by Grace 5 February 2024, 11:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Anja Vervloessem Do you mind sharing a link to the VideoAsk and a screenshot of the original video so we can take a look at the difference? Thanks in advance!

Hi Liz,

Thanks a lot, 

seems like I have problems with sharing the link and screenshot

I will try it again.

Krgds

Anja

https://www.videoask.com/fql6ikwn7

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @Anja Vervloessem ! Let me ask the support folks over at VideoAsk if they have any insights into why this looks different. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Anja Vervloessem hope you’re doing well, really like your videoask by the way! 

I thought I would share this recording & uploading FAQ Help Center article with you as it might be helpful.

If you’re recording the video in 4k or HDR the transcoding process which is used to upload the video in VideoAsk can have an effect on the colors. The video is optimized so it can be compatible with multiple devices and this can mean the color profile is altered. 

You could try exporting the video as an mp4 file to a computer first before uploading it to VideoAsk. There’s more information in the article but let me know if you have any other questions 😊