Answered

VideoAsk not working - "refused to connect"

• 7 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

We are getting an error on all our VideoAsks that says “refused to connect.” 

We are also seeing the error below when we click one of our VideoAsk links

Any idea what could be causing this? This is the first time we are seeing this error. 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dan L 7 September 2022, 05:28

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Looks like this resolved itself

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L thanks for flagging, hopefully this wasn’t too disruptive for you.

This error usually means there’s an IP address or network issue, we’re just taking a look into what might have caused this so I’ll keep you updated with what we find 🔎

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @Grace ! We are seeing this error again. Is there some way we can have someone on the team investigate this for us?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Are we able to upgrade our account to Enterprise for priority support / feature requests? Thanks! 

We are getting the same error on all of our VideoAsks as well.

@Dan L are by chance using GoDaddy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

folks - seems like an error on Cloudflare

always check the status across the ecosystem… this might be the case and not Typeform/VideoAsk

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Dan L and @Darin Swayne thanks for reporting this again and thanks @john.desborough for investigating and sharing the issues with Cloudflare! 

@Dan L our engineers are investigating this, hopefully everything is resolved now and this doesn’t happen again. 

I would recommend contacting the VideoAsk support team over here whenever you see issues like this or potential bugs (although no worries if you post here I always alert the support team) 

If you’re interested in upgrading to Enterprise I can put you in touch with a member of our sales team to chat about that and the different features it includes, let me know if you want me to pass on your details? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - i had a couple of other clients who had Cloudflare issues and i noted that that in the image that was posted… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Grace sure can you please pass my info on to sales for the enterprise account, we’d like more info

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey everyone, just a little update here on the error code 1020 issue from last week.

Our engineering and security team think they have identified what could have caused this error and they’ve made an update to prevent it from occurring again. We’re still monitoring this though so if you do notice something similar happening please let us know so we can keep investigating if necessary 🙏

Badge

That is what the most toughest part I have been facing now.