Skip to main content
Question

VideoAsk - Page loads really slow

• 11 July 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi there,

I’m making a really big project on VideoAsk. And I got to the point where the page loads really slow, plus the mouse response is also getting very slow. 

What can I do to make the site loads faster? or is it because I have so many elements (or steps) that the site loads really slow?

Thank you! 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Sang Truong wow that is a crazy logic map!! 😅

It could be because you have so many elements that it’s slower to load. I’m not sure it would have an effect on the mouse though 🤔

I would recommend closing any other tabs while you work on it, to see if that helps!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Sang Truong that is an impressive looking logic map as Grace has indicated. Love it!

What I have found works best in the past is to switch over to the linear view which is accessible as a button in the bottom right of the screen. That seems to handle it much better for me if you are needing to jump between a large number of steps in an easier way. It seems to not have the lag and slower load speed as much and is easier for navigation.

On that point @Grace I notice that this view is being removed eventually. I think it is best if that isn’t for such as an example as this - I find it very helpful when you are building more complex / longer VideoAsk’s. Is there any chance this linear view can be kept for the future?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Grace I know right hahaha,, I have come up with another solution, but thankyou so much for the response!

Hi @Ash.NZ! Thanks for the recommendation! I have tried the linear view, but as you mentioned, I don’t think this feature is currently working. Nevertheless I do agree with you to keep this linear view feature, since it’s easier faster to mass edit logics. Still there’s also a problem on linear view, since the steps order keeps changing automatically, which makes the interface so confusing.

@Grace At this point, I have suggestions for VideoAsk to add and improve some features, namely:

1. Feature to move, duplicate or delete multiple steps in 1 time
  2. Naming the duplicate step automatically (not only “(copy) [...]”, but put another indication, in case creator duplicates same steps multiple times)
  3. Feature to mass edit logics without going in to each step 
  4. I love the Tidy Up feature, BUT it still has to be optimized, since in my case, some errors are occuring and ended up messing up the map.

Once again, thank you so much! The community page is really helpful! 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ash.NZ this is a great tip, thanks for sharing! 

We’ve been collecting feedback on linear view and you are not alone in wanting to keep it 😅 at the moment there isn’t a timeline for switching it off so I wouldn’t worry too much. I will pass your feedback along to the product team and keep you posted on any news 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Grace I know right hahaha,, I have come up with another solution, but thankyou so much for the response!

Hi @Ash.NZ! Thanks for the recommendation! I have tried the linear view, but as you mentioned, I don’t think this feature is currently working. Nevertheless I do agree with you to keep this linear view feature, since it’s easier faster to mass edit logics. Still there’s also a problem on linear view, since the steps order keeps changing automatically, which makes the interface so confusing.

@Grace At this point, I have suggestions for VideoAsk to add and improve some features, namely:

1. Feature to move, duplicate or delete multiple steps in 1 time
  2. Naming the duplicate step automatically (not only “(copy) [...]”, but put another indication, in case creator duplicates same steps multiple times)
  3. Feature to mass edit logics without going in to each step 
  4. I love the Tidy Up feature, BUT it still has to be optimized, since in my case, some errors are occuring and ended up messing up the map.

Once again, thank you so much! The community page is really helpful! 😁

Ooh thank you for all this feedback @Sang Truong I will definitely pass this on to the product team! 

In terms of linear view, it should be working but if you’re noticing issues with it would you mind doing a screen recording and sending it to the support team to check? Wondering if there’s a bug with it, in which case we need to get it fixed! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Grace Ok, with pleasure. I share you a screenshot of the linear view feature for my map.

On the bottom-right of the page, there is always a warning indication. And worse is I can’t even slide my screen to the right to see and edit the following steps.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Sang Truong if you click the button ‘Ok, I got it’ it first it should allow you to move across all steps in your flow. Were you able to achieve this?