Answered

VideoAsk widget not clearinf even when script is removed from header html

• 4 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I seem to be having an issue with the VideoAsk widget not clearing off the home screen of a website I am building in HubSpot. I had trialed using one of the further embed customisations you offer by adding it to my header. However, even when I delete this and insert the one I wish to have (the one in black(, it still displays the original VideoAsk one that I cannot remove no matter what I do. Can you please help me to rectify this please, just as the website is due to be pushed live soon. 

Thanks, 

icon

Best answer by Grace 4 March 2024, 11:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ash.NZ it looks like you haven’t removed the code for the first one completely? Maybe it’s worth going through and taking everything out that’s videoask related and starting from scratch with the button widget?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Grace, thanks. Yep, I have checked it numerous times and even when there is no script there it still continues to sit there on the screen. It definitely has me very puzzled how!? It could be that it is related to being on the HubSpot editor / preview and maybe when I go to publish at a later stage it may remove it then perhaps. Will keep working away in the meantime and try some different things, unless you can possibly think of anything else?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Ash.NZ what is the new code that you’re using to display the widget? Wondering if there’s anything caught up in that that could be causing it. Or maybe worth clearing cache/cookies to check it’s not stored somewhere? 

But you could be right, sometimes on website builders it looks different in preview to how it looks live!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks for all your help @Grace. I was able to resolve this by having another go doing those steps you suggested.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great news @Ash.NZ ! Hopefully everything is on track for going live 😊