Answered

videoask: zero landings, zero interactions.... total zero

Badge

Hi, 

I’m using videoask to place an interactive educative video on my page, where users decide which of the offered questions they ask to experts.. I’m not collecting any inputs from my users. 

After one year I checked the dashboard and the results: obviously it didn’t track at all how many users viewed or interacted with my videoask.

And yes. It’s been definitely more than zero. 

Is there something I forgot to activate? 

icon

Best answer by Grace 21 August 2023, 12:39

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michael Vienna were you using multiple choice and button answer types? It could be that you had data collection toggled off on the step which would mean there would be no results to show. But you should still see how many people landed on your videoask in the metrics - is that showing as zero?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michael Vienna were you using multiple choice and button answer types? It could be that you had data collection toggled off on the step which would mean there would be no results to show. But you should still see how many people landed on your videoask in the metrics - is that showing as zero?

Badge

Thank you @Grace for your answer !
Yes, I have turned off “data collection” for all my multiple choice buttons, because I’m using them for navigational purposes only. Still it would be nice to know how far visitor got in the “customer journey”. I wasn’t aware, I would stop the counting of interactions with the button by this as well… 

I have to re-formulate my question: I noticed it’s the backup copy videoask I have in my dashboard. So it might be, that there were zero interactions. But then, why do I not see the original videoask in my dashboard? How can I see the metrics of all my videoasks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michael Vienna thanks so much for the screenshot, the dashboard function is brand new and my understanding is it shows metrics from the last 30 days and your latest videoask created. 

If you click on the live videoask you’ll see tabs for results and metrics - this is where you can view all the information about that particular videoask and how it’s performing:

The metrics tab will show how many people have landed, interacted etc and the results tab will show information about each step - this bit will probably not have data since you have data collection turned off but the metrics tab should still have lots to show you. 

Here’s a Help Center guide on viewing metrics to learn more. If you are on a paid plan you can also check the drop off analysis which you’ll find in the VideoAsk builder (where you create and edit your videoask) you can read more about how that works here.

Can you let me know if you’ve had responses to the live videoask in the past 30 days? I will double check with the product team if this is working correctly! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Michael Vienna Hey! Just a note to say that we also have some drop-off metrics that will be available to you if you have a paid plan with us. These metrics will show you how many times someone has landed on your videoask and progressed to the next step even when you have data collection turned off.

Something to bear in mind though is the data displayed is not for unique views, but all views. I also recommend refreshing your browser before viewing these metrics to ensure they show the latest data.

Hope this helps! 😊

Badge

Dear Grace, 

Thank you for helping me here, it’s great not to be left alone with this!
I have a paid plan (brand). Still, I do not see the “results/metrics” tabs you highlighted...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Michael Vienna from the screenshot it looks like you haven’t had any responses to that videoask. The metrics and results tab will only appear when responses start coming through.

How are you sharing the videoask? Do you have it embedded somewhere? Perhaps we could do some testing to find out why the responses aren’t coming through - could you share the URL here and we can take a look?

Badge

Dear Grace, 
My Videoask is embedded here: www.wwf.at/superpower 
This landingpage had 40k+ pageviews, so there should be views recorded by videoask…

Best, Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Michael Vienna the videoask that’s embedded in your webpage isn’t the same as the one in the screenshot above, if you look at the slug at the end of the URL in the screenshot it ends in fkh34etau but the videoask in the embed ends in faip0uygp. Can you check that version of the videoask to see if you have metrics available? 

Badge

I have a backup-copy of the only one videoask I am using. Maybe I showed you the screenshot of the backup. However, the situation with the original is the same.
There is no button to view the metrics…
I can send you a zoom link if you want to see it using screensharing… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @Michael Vienna I think because you have data collection switched off and you are not collecting open ended responses it means the metrics tab hasn’t activated.

If you go into the builder instead you should see a funnel in the bottom right corner to click on, this will activate the drop off analysis which should give you information on how people are landing and interacting with the videoask:

Badge

Dear Grace, 
Thanks a lot! 
I can see the data I need now.
Not in a graphic where I can see the frequency over time, but problem solved.  :)
All the best, Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great! Glad we solved it in the end @Michael Vienna 😁