Answered

When I try to record on Chrome using VideoAsk, my pc crashes

Userlevel 1
Badge

Very strange behaviour accured today when i opened a new account after a year or more since i last used video ask.

After I finished recording I heard some bipping sounds and then the pc stuck. Ans different apps start crushing. 

It happened twise. After i restarted the computer which is a very high configured, graphic designer setup. It happand again.

I dont have a clue what causes this. 

Maybe somebody could shred some light 

icon

Best answer by Grace 26 July 2022, 11:27

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ilya welcome to the community, and welcome back to VideoAsk!

Sorry to hear you were having some issues with it yesterday, I’m not sure why VideoAsk would cause your computer to crash, did you try using it in any other browser or just Chrome? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@ilya try using a diffrent browser, it may be it!

Userlevel 1
Badge

sidekick 

Version 102.25.1.21534 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Userlevel 1
Badge

My machine became stuck twice as a result of it 

is it really a browser? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi @ilya! 🙂 Thanks for sharing the version of Chrome you’re using.

It looks like the latest version of Chrome is Version 103.0.5060.134 - could you please try updating your Chrome version and see if the problem persists after?

Did you get a chance to try using a different internet browser to see if you get the same issue?

Very strange behaviour accured today when i opened a new account after a year or more since i last used video ask.

After I finished recording I heard some bipping sounds and then the pc stuck. Ans different apps start crushing. 

It happened twise. After i restarted the computer which is a very high configured, graphic designer setup. It happand again.

I dont have a clue what causes this. 

Maybe somebody could shred some light 

I think y’all are tripping.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @ilya 

Let us know if you were able to update Chrome or try a different browser. Hopefully it’s resolved now and all is working fine with VideoAsk, but do let us know if you notice any more strange behavior! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

actualy too scared to try again. 

It just shuts my computer down and makes everything crush

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ilya 

I’ve been chatting with the support team, and it seems we’ve had a couple of reports recently of similar activity. 

The team are investigating an issue where a VideoAsk tab appears to consume far more than its share of resources. We believe this may be triggered when a creator chooses to re-record a video, causing an error with the camera/mic permissions/access hanging and potentially crashing.
If you notice a VideoAsk tab with the recording indicator still open, or you notice the webcam light still on after you’ve finished creating a step we recommend closing that tab and opening a new tab to videoask.com/app This seems to reset/correct the issue. 

I’m going to add your comments to our report so we can continue investigating this issue and hopefully find a fix. 

Let me know if you do try to use VideoAsk again and notice any changes in behavior 😊

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you very much for investigating my feedback and getting to the bottom of it. It's exactly what happened and you described it better than I did.

Now that I have recored again, I have succeeded. I have also created some logic, but it does not seem to work on mobile or desktop when I share the link.

The link also takes a long time to open on a mobile device. Is it related to the videoask app I previously installed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @ilya 

Really pleased you were able to record. Would you be able to send the link for the videoask and I can take a look at why it’s not working?