Barception

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12602 replies

Happy Monday, all!

Ages ago when we could work in the office, we used to hang around the Barception - Typeform’s take on a reception with exactly what it sounds like - a bar!

We’re bringing the Barception to all of you, and you can virtually visit it below: 

Think of this as your virtual meeting space where you can say hello in the morning and goodbye in the evening, talk about what you’ve got planned this weekend or what your favorite beverage of choice is, morning or night!

I’m currently drinking iced coffee today - what about you all?

982 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Lots and lots of coffee. 

Badge +5

@john.desborough would have loved to visit the Barception. I bet it’s the space people miss the most from the office days. Well, we know have a virtual version of it :coffee:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough would have loved to visit the Barception. I bet it’s the space people miss the most from the office days. Well, we know have a virtual version of it :coffee:

@Gabriel @Liz  - 

who needs a desk?? i would have been at the coffee bar all day lol.. where i am most creative .. as it stands now, my wife keeps asking me when i am moving my machine downstairs to my office (i think she wants the counter space for another appliance - don’t get me started) 

btw.. i actually use a much bigger mug for my coffee.. but it won’t fit into the machine.. and it was much cleaner then lol.. 

BUT you are all welcome to drop into the igloo here for coffee any time you are in Ottawa.. lol.. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I’m an iced tea kinda guy! Really brings me some tranquility 👌

Badge +5

Coffee at the igloo sounds like a great idea, Des. I’ve had my cuppa today but I need another one already - I had such a light sleep :sleeping:

Badge +5

Morning folks... Starting the day with a latte here in Barcelona.

Mariana is on vacaction and Liz is down with the flu so bear with us my dears. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel @Liz @Mariana 

Hope that everyone is back in the saddle as soon as they are healthy and able, even if it means coming in off a couple of days at the seaside relaxing.. 

Enjoy the latte @Gabriel - I hope that the image below is just something that was staged and is not something that we are going to have to face in our local coffee shops over the next few weeks here in Canada as our case counts continue to rise in various hotspots (damn variants)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok all, I’m back and half alive, so obviously I’m starting off with some coffee! I had a baby espresso yesterday to calm the caffeine headache, but happy to be back using this mug. :heart_eyes:

Also excited to watch all of the events today from the Meaningful Conference, so if anyone has any they loved, let me know! I am SO SAD I missed this. Literally the one time I get sick! I hear @john.desborough ‘s presentation was great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i love that mug!!!!

glad you are back, almost, among the land of the living. You will have to watch the replay to see if it was good.. I hope i did my teachers (you and @Mariana   and even @James ) proud. 

cheers

Badge +5

Glad to see you again at the Barception, Liz. I was like…

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Glad to see you again at the Barception, Liz. I was like…

@Gabriel - thought it would be more like this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HAHAHA @john.desborough that image is perfect. 

and I was over here like 

and then sadly

Badge +5

Morning all and happy St Jordi - it’s the day of roses, books and lovers here in Catalonia. 

https://www.spain.info/en/discover-spain/fiesta-sant-jordi-barcelona/

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

SO glad you’re feeling better, @Liz ! Gotta keep the caffeine headache to a minimum. The mug is perfect, too!

LOVE that coffee machine, @john.desborough . I have no idea why your wife wants the counter space. That fits perfectly. lol

Very cool holiday @Gabriel ! Red roses are my all-time fav 🌹

I’m on my 2nd cup of coffee and plan on having one more (I’m kind of an addict lol). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

SO glad you’re feeling better, @Liz ! Gotta keep the caffeine headache to a minimum. The mug is perfect, too!

LOVE that coffee machine, @john.desborough . I have no idea why your wife wants the counter space. That fits perfectly. lol

Very cool holiday @Gabriel ! Red roses are my all-time fav 🌹

I’m on my 2nd cup of coffee and plan on having one more (I’m kind of an addict lol). 

@vickioneill - my wife does not drink the ‘vile brew’ (we have a collection of small appliances that she has purchased cuz they would make her cooking life easier but because they don’t sit on the counter, where she can see them, she doesn’t go into the pantry and get them out to use them… ) I took them all out of the pantry two weeks ago to do a spring cleaning and these appliances covered the 10’ x 4’ island we have in the kitchen.. we don’t have enough space at all! 

and I am off to get my second as well.. 

@Gabriel - I hope you got flowers for your partner lol.. and not just a book!!

cheers all

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m here with my first cup of coffee and orange juice for the day!

@john.desborough sounds like you need to get a coffee bar for your place! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I’m here with my first cup of coffee and orange juice for the day!

@john.desborough sounds like you need to get a coffee bar for your place! 

lol.. my wife is suggesting that the aquarium stand in the corner of one the rooms, that currently is used to hold piles of barbie clothes, should be moved into my office/spare bedroom along with the coffee maker.. the drawback is that when we, eventually, have houseguests again, i would have to move the machine out to the kitchen and find space for it.. besides i like getting the steps in on a daily basis from the desk to the machine and back.. 

or an insulated shed/cabin in the back yard where i can go and work, complete with running water so i don’t have to melt snow in the winter lol

i know.. first world issues lol… 

Badge +5

Bought some roses for my wife. She seemed happy 😊

Notice my son's cars 🚕🚙🚛🚐🚜🚚🚍 the house is full of them! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - good man.. pennies in the jar lol

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabriel the cars are so cute!! I used to love Hot Wheels as a kid - did you all have them over there on that side of the world? 

I’m with my younger sister this week, so sadly my coffee options are terribly drip coffee since she has the worst taste in coffee. Hoping to survive this week with it. :rofl::joy:  @john.desborough you’d be appalled at her coffee situation. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

lol.. @Liz - i have learned to take my coffee with me when i go visit by brother in law.. nothing against costco but their coffee is questionable at best lol.. 

you will survive!

des

Badge +5

My coffee is running out, alarms have gone off. I need to pop by the local coffee experts “Cafe Ros” and get more fuel for my brain. 

@john.desborough , which country should I go for this time?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel - go for some Indonesian for a change.. I find it robust and earthy and it makes a great base for a good latte!

Badge +5

Nice! I'll definitely ask for it. Can't wait ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough My sister once used to buy Foldgers, so I guess it could be worse. :joy::rofl: I used to try to bring my own, but then she would get all mad about it because she can’t handle the taste of real coffee LOL. 

@Gabriel Oo! Where are you going for coffee out there? If I ever head back to Barcelona, I need to update my coffee shop list!