Barception

Show first post

988 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @belinda_long! Well done on the badge!!! :clap_tone2: That's a very good excuse to come to Europe! Oh, take a look at their website. The next one will be in November 2022 in Lisbon. A great excuse to go over there. :blush:

@Kelvin wow, beautiful place! What drinks have you got? 

Userlevel 2

@Gabi Amaral what drinks didn’t I get is the question :flushed:  Nah we stuck with the classics: negronis, caipirinhas, amaretto sours…. They were good but not the best tbh! I expected more of the bartenders’ white-hair experience to shine through.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Nice! Looks epic 👌🏼 @Gabi Amaral have got it in the calendar hehe thanks for the info 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha @Kelvin I'm dying to go to Brazil and have some authentic caipirinhas! Well, at least it seemed you had a nice time. 

@belinda_long you're welcome! Yes, save the date on your calendar. It also amazing to do some networking, right @Liz? In the meantime, are there any digital conferences in Chile that you think are worth attending? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

There’s a few out there but nothing like Europe or North America, buttt the pandemic has definitely launched Chile forward a few big steps in the digitisation direction so I’m stoked with that haha 🥳 @gabi

Either way, I’m now looking to get involved with things a bit more back in Aus now that I just booked my flight back ✈️🤯yep, yep get back just in time for 🎄– they’re *finally letting us Aussie expats back in so look out Australia 😜haha

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I get that, @belinda_long! I remember I was surprised when I arrived in Santiago, Chile. Such a big and developed city! Definitely not expecting that! 

Oh yeah, it's going to be amazing! I'm dying to go to Australia to visit my sister! Hopefully I'll be able to go next year. If you're there, then I'd love to meet you! We could have a Typeform Australian meet up and invite @Kosta @TFJunkie and @aftab! Hehehehe :flag_hm:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I'd like to congratulate @mathio for earning the "Champion" badge! We're very happy to have your collaboration over here. Thank you a lot! :yellow_heart:

Badge +5

That’s a hard one to get, congrats  @mathio

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks! 🤗 Just don’t let my team leader know I “slack off” here in the community 🤫🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Haha, it's a deal @mathio:wink:

Stopping by to wish you all a great weekend! I hope you guys enjoy it! Don't forget to tell us the highlights of it! @john.desborough @Paulo @belinda_long @Michaela @TFJunkie :blue_heart:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok, so I had a haircut and now I'm feeling like 15 years old. I've got a fringe! :joy:  Still feeling weird but I think I liked it! 

I also went to a Capoeira event and it was beautiful! Have you guys ever heard of it? 

Curious to hear what you did on this weekend! Did you have a good time? @john.desborough @Paulo @Michaela @belinda_long @TFJunkie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - 18… not a day under 18.. but looks great!

lol.. took my ladies for a hike on Saturday then managed to get the Christmas lights up on the house, necessary pre-winter maintenance done around the house and still managed to get a nap!  Oh.. and finally had the time to watch the first episodes of The Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime - i love that series by Robert Jordan and glad to see the screen adaptation. It’s good.. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Ok, so I had a haircut and now I'm feeling like 15 years old. I've got a fringe! :joy:  Still feeling weird but I think I liked it! 

I also went to a Capoeira event and it was beautiful! Have you guys ever heard of it? 

Curious to hear what you did on this weekend! Did you have a good time? @john.desborough @Paulo @Michaela @belinda_long @TFJunkie 

Haircut looks fab! 👌🏼Fringes definitely take some getting used to! I’m not patient enough to get one 😂 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Nice! @john.desborough It’s always a success if you can tick off the checklist and get a solid siesta in 💤😉

@Gabi Amaral Not everyone can rock a fringe and get away with it. It suits you!

My weekend consisted in, well, packing and packing some more… I really envy @john.desborough taking a well deserved nap after doing the chores! lol

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

They call a fringe ‘bangs’ in America right? Suits you @Gabi Amaral 

I grew up in the bronx version of Sydney as a kid, and I still like to watch MMA. Teixeira is the newest light heavyweight champ at 42yrs old. I believe he does Capoeira. It's a great calisthenic activity, full body.

It rained most of the weekend, I spent it working on overseeing website builds, learning about our constitution, playing alot of chess online. Cleaning up files. Boring stuff. @john.desborough is Canadian and I think he is familiar with the plight of the commonwealth regions and our current position within them. 

I keep a simple life of no animal products, no coffee/tea or any stimulant. Water is the only liquid I take, except when I make a papaya or kale smoothie. Did a bit of cooking, made a honey cake and lasagne and a 4 bean casserole. It’s almost summer, here but its been so cold, I have had the heater on. WTH!?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks guys! I'm enjoying the fringe/bangs yeah! :heart_eyes:

@john.desborough your weekend sounded amazing! Pleaaaase, post some pics of the Christmas lights! I love them!! Next week I'll take some days off to explore some Christmas markets in Europe! Will post the photos here later! Oh, and I'm looking for recommendation on series to watch! I'll take a look at this "The Wheel of Time"!

@Paulo Are there a lot of nice Christmas markets in Japan? I'm sure all of your packing will be rewarded once you get to the new house! You can even put some Christmas lights over there as well!! 

@belinda_long Yes, I decided to use it because it's winter so I won't be sweating a lot in the next months...although having a fringe is definitely high maintenance! Are you getting ready to your big trip back to Aus? I'm so excited for you! 

@TFJunkie Wow, but it seems your weekend was pretty productive! I've heard it's not very summerish in Aus atm...ah, global warming! Have you got photos of the meals you cooked? Like most Italians, I love lasagne! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

A round of applause for the newest Champion of our Community! Well done, @Michaela! That one is very hard to get! :blue_heart:

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@Gabi Amaral Hehe, no I never take photos of what I cook. We will enter summer in a week, still spring here, but yeah we should already be having 30*C days, more like 21*C… but it’s a chilly, rainy with wind 21*C, not sunny warm.

I love lasagne too and gnocchi… omg...

Congrats @Michaela !

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

A round of applause for the newest Champion of our Community! Well done, @Michaela! That one is very hard to get! :blue_heart:

Well done @Michaela !

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@Gabi Amaral Yep yep, very excited to head home to 🇦🇺 after so long away, and the Christmas surprise mission makes it even more exciting hehe 😅la niña is nailing the east coast of Aus with a super rainy spring/summer but hey, at least it should keep the bushfires at bay this summer 🙌🏼

Been making the most of my last few weekends here in Chile basking in fancy icecream dates & urban exploration with my boyf, and of course a couple of sandboarding sessions down at the dunes – some solid sultry sunsets these days 🏂🌅

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello, all! Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet here….but I’m back now! :sunglasses:

@belinda_long it looks so nice there! What are some of the ice cream spots you’ve been going to? :heart_eyes:

@Gabi Amaral As Japan is not a Christian country, everything about Christmas here is based on commerce. So, plenty of Christmas markets around here. And as the Thanksgiving tradition is non-existent in Japan, stores change their decor for Christmas the day after Haloween. On October 31st you are listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller everywhere and in the next day... here comes Mariah Carey! lol

@Michaela Well done!:smiley:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@TFJunkie I'd only take photos of the food I prep when they are very beautiful and I'm not that hungry...otherwise I'd just eat it all! So, I get you! Here in Barcelona it's rainy :cloud_rain: but not super cold! I'm preparing myself to my trip next week when I'll go to Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany...Only then I'll feel the real European Winter! 

@belinda_long Yes, I see...like TFJunkie was saying, that's an unusual Spring/Summer for Aus. OMG, that's a gorgeous pic! What's the name of the dunes? I've done a bit of sandboard when I was traveling in the Northeast of Brazil! So much fun! 

@Paulo "On October 31st you are listening to Michael Jackson's Thriller everywhere and in the next day... here comes Mariah Carey! lol" - HAHAHAHA I couldn't stop laughing! :rofl:  Are you planning to go to some Christmas markets this year? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Sooo much fun! These dunes are the Concón sand dunes (las dunas de Concón), just north of Valparaíso on Chile’s central coast. Still haven’t made it to Brazil yet but when I do I’ll be sure to squeeze in a little sandboarding trip over there too hehe 🏂😉