Barception

Show first post

982 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral I’m currently reading How to Train a Wild Elephant: And Other Adventures in Mindfulness and getting caught up the last 5 issues of Foundr Magazine. What are you reading?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello hello, all! I finally finished unpacking everything in the new apartment, but I won’t share any photos of the views because the view outside my window is my neighbor’s window, so that would be creepy. 😂 I haven’t had any dinner parties yet, @john.desborough , but I will soon! In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying walking along the lake now that I’m very close to it. The hypocrite I am forgot to take photos. 😥

@Darnell I’m adding this book to my list!! I’m just about finished with The Golden Couple (finally unpacked my physical books) and Everything I Know About Love. (Also, nice to meet you!)

@Michaela sounds like you’ve had quite the last couple of months! Anything exciting happening over there? 

@Gabi Amaral Take me to rio!!

@Grace the cleanup looks like it was fun! Do you know if they have anything else planned soon? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - send the invites: we can all attend a virtual dinner party!! 

I’ve got three books on the go at the moment 

each strategically place around the house - including beside the comfy chair where my daughter and I sit together to read our books at night.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh, it sounds interesting @Darnell! Is it being helpful? 

@Liz Do you recommend "Everything I Know about Love"? I've read about it and wanted to start it! 

Wow, ​​​​​@john.desborough, how do you go about reading three things at the same time? I wish I could be like that! 

I've just finished reading "The Brazilian Holocaust" which talks about how mental health facilities were used arbitrarily by the Brazilian government. It's a very sad book and I had no idea something like that actually happened.

Next one on my list is "The days of abandonment" from one of my favorite authors, the Italian Elena Ferrante (Good suggestion for @Michaela that is learning Italian!). I'll let you know what I think of this one! 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

lol @Gabi Amaral - because of the additional voices in my head, i can just hop into ‘their world’ and read book A for a few minutes..when i am done, i just ‘leave the room’ and head back into another mind space… 

(psst: it helps being a little crazy and having all these voices lol)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahahaha if it's working for you, then it's working you, right?! @john.desborough 

Whenever you mention the voices in your head I remember that movie, Split, with James McAvoy! The guy has 23 different personalities, it's so scary!  😂 I'm happy your voices are all very smart and helpful!

By the way, I've been wanting to start a topic here about movies! Will tag you as soon as I do it! 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz not sure what the next activity will be, but I would definitely do a beach clean again - it needs it!

Loving these book recommendations, I’ve just started The Dalai Lama’s Cat which my mum gave me for Xmas 🐈

@Gabi Amaral I always think about Inside Out  😂 very relatable! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough when I have decorations up, yes! Right now, the place is pretty plain ha!

I’ve also added those books to the list. What is the sci-fi novel? 

@Gabi Amaral Yes and no! I feel like I just timed my reading of it wrong because it was way too relatable to my current life events and then I felt like wallowing in my own pain LOL. But otherwise, yes!

Adding those books to my list!

@Grace It definitely does this time of year! Were there a lot of folks from different departments? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HAHAHA Yes, @Grace! Inside out is one of my favorites movies!! Love it! 

​​​​@Liz Oh no, really? Well...at least it was remarkable to you! I'll give it a try and let you know what I think. 

Wishing you all an incredible weekend! 💙 @john.desborough @Michaela @Darnell 

Badge +5

Went for a hike (and lunch) with these two! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

The ‘three muskateers’.. i don’t see the wineskins… just sayin… 

looking good @James @Gabriel @Grace 

Badge +5

It took @James 4 attempts to take a good picture. He aimed either for the floor of his face 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It took @James 4 attempts to take a good picture. He aimed either for the floor of his face 🤣

@Gabriel - that sounds like it was the wineskins that were the problem lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabriel - that sounds like it was the wineskins that were the problem lol

Well it sounds like you guys are just jealous of my photography skills. I mean, this wouldn’t look out of place as an album cover of a new wave band 😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Aaah but the one you actually posted looks nice! Hehehe How many kilometers and how long did it take? It's good that you had the weekend to rest! 😂 @James 

My weekend was pretty intense and it was all about samba and carnival! 💥 I went to the rehearsal of the samba parades and it was amazing! Got some photos to share! 

How was the weekend over there @john.desborough @Paulo @Darnell @Grace and @Michaela?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow @Gabi Amaral looks fantastic!

I went to Delta del Ebro for the weekend, which is a natural park about 2 hours down the coast from Barcelona. It is a fantastic spot for bird watching and there are even flamingos living down there! I have bunch of really bad photos as they were always a bit too far away, need a fancy camera with a long lens I think! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - that looks like a lot of fun! @Grace - bird photography is always a challenge, even with a big lens… patience and coffee help lol.. but that sounds like  great weekend. 

Here we went to the ‘home and garden show’ and my daughter and I watched Mom look at all the things she wants to have done to the house for a couple of hours. Then Mom started asking about the cost of doing the work… lol.. the look on her face was priceless.. we came home with a kitchen knife for her and a lawn ornament. (Much less expensive than installing a solarium and a hot tub … ) lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough I do enjoy a good home and garden show, but never nice to have to wake up to reality and walk away from the outdoor spa idea  😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral looks like you had a fun weekend and thx for sharing some pics!! 

This weekend, I finished a drawing of my grandfather-in-law (is that a thing?) for my mom-in-law’s upcoming memorial of him. I haven’t drawn in over a decade, but I’m glad I can still do it. Below’s a photo of the completed version. Yesterday, we spent the day shopping and hanging out. Fun times. The shenanigans wills continue tomorrow, lol.

Wishing everyone an excellent week ahead!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell -WOW.. that’s a great drawing! and a very nice gesture for the memorial.

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@john.desborough appreciate that! I was scared I didn’t have the skills anymore b/c I don’t draw on paper as much anymore, but apparently, it’s a little like learning to ride a bike, lol. She will frame it and send copies of the drawing to her siblings.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Aaah @Grace, so nice! Were you able to identify the different bird species? Oh and I love flamingos!! They're gorgeous! (I don't mind the quality, so feel free to send them here!)

@john.desborough Does you daughter enjoyed the show as well? Or was it more of a mom's thing? Hehehe. I don't even imagine the cost! Is it expensive level "we'll never do that" or level "we'd have to do it in steps over the years"? 😅

Wooow, @Darnell! That's a beautiful drawing, you're very talented! Do you teach how to draw on your courses? If yes, I'm signing up! 😍 Such a beautiful gesture indeed! You said you don't draw on paper anymore, but do you still draw? 

Badge +5

Wow @Darnell, such a brilliant drawing. 100% you have the skills! Keep drawing my friend. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell that’s a fantastic drawing, thank you so much for sharing 💛

@Gabi Amaral I could identify some of them, luckily there were lots of viewing points which had some information about which birds you might see so that helped!