Barception

Show first post

982 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@the conservative yep, I’m in NC and have been here since late childhood. It’s a state with a lot of versatility both in terms of interests and landscapes. Lots of hospitality and greenery. Craft beer culture is huge here, if you’re into that and of course you have the Atlantic beaches on the coast.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Darnell Wow really cool, actually, a while ago I taught about leaving NYS and one of the locations I was looking at was NC, I did some research back then and it sounded like a real wormy homey deep cultural state I was overtaken by the vibe! Anyways may sound like a good plan for the summer!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow and are you into craft beers, @Darnell? I still have a lot to explore in the States! 

Guess who's having a second meetup this week? Yaaaay, the Community team (without Liz 😭). We'll have another TikiBar reunion! @James @Grace 

What have you been doing these days? Hoping you're all enjoying the summer! @Darnell @ActionJackson @Mikkel @Michaela @the conservative 🌞

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@the conservative yeah, maybe spend a few weeks in this state to see what you think first-hand! You got rural life, urban life, beach houses, lake houses - the whole shebang, lol.

@Gabi Amaral yes, I do like craft beers but I have to be careful because beer bellies are real, ha! So I don’t keep much beer at home (to avoid temptation) and a brewery crawl might only once or twice a year.

And yeah, overall, enjoying the summer. Hope you and everyone else here are too!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Wow and are you into craft beers, @Darnell? I still have a lot to explore in the States! 

Guess who's having a second meetup this week? Yaaaay, the Community team (without Liz 😭). We'll have another TikiBar reunion! @James @Grace 

What have you been doing these days? Hoping you're all enjoying the summer! @Darnell @ActionJackson @Mikkel @Michaela @the conservative 🌞

@Gabi Amaral @James @Grace 

is this the set up at the tiki bar?? 

from an old series called Gilligan’s Island

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha @john.desborough that looks like we need to eat a lot of coconuts! 🥥

Hopefully after tomorrow we’ll be sharing photos of the finished bar!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Darnell Your totally right, I should try it out...maybe one day in the future...

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Darnell Your totally right, I should try it out...maybe one day in the future...

sounds good!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just sending some good vibes to each of you fine women and gentlemen in this Typeform community to put a smile on your face and to remind you of your power and grace. Do your thing. And be wonderful. Peace and love.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Cheers to you @Darnell! Great photo, what’s in the glass? 

How’s everyone doing this week?

Completely forgot to give a tiki bar update after last week - not the greatest photo, but we managed to get it finished!

Now we’ll add a little decoration and then it’ll be time for the grand opening! 🙌 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace good to hear from you and look at that tiki bar, ha!! As for what’s in my glass, I unfortunately don’t remember but it was delish and some alcohol was involved, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell - excellent thoughts to carry into a Thursday thank you

@Grace - now all you need is for @James to get the coconuts hung up.. the disco ball in place and some more sand around the base of the bar and it will be truly ready to go.. 

looking forward to one day enjoying the fruits of your labours!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough yep, already planning to get a job lot of coconuts in. Gonna use one as a horse action figure and also use some to make myself a fetching hula suit for when I’m on bar duty. Can’t wait to host you – maybe you can even help with phase 2 of the project - to plumb in a sink and rig up a mini fridge...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough yep, already planning to get a job lot of coconuts in. Gonna use one as a horse action figure and also use some to make myself a fetching hula suit for when I’m on bar duty. Can’t wait to host you – maybe you can even help with phase 2 of the project - to plumb in a sink and rig up a mini fridge...

1. bucket with a hole in the bottom and a garden hose attached to run water off into a corner… use another hose to be the intake source. 
  2. big metal washtub filled with ice.. 

sorted!

lol.. looking forward to finding a place to hitch my horse .. er park my coconut shells…. when i come across some day.. lol

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

It sure was nice to come back to work after a vacation to find a bunch of notifications from the Typeform Community! I hope everyone has had a great summer 😃

@Grace and @Gabi Amaral asked about some pictures from hiking in Norway. The weather was absolutely fantastic! This is from a trip across a mountain plateau called Hardangervidda.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Long time no see, my friends! Liz was out of office so I was in charge of the questions! By the way, thank you for your help with them @john.desborough! 😍

If you don't remember what was in your glass, then it's a good sign @Darnell 😂

​​​​Wow @Mikkel, these photos look like a Game of Thrones location! They're so nice. Did you enjoy your vacations? What other places in Norway have you explored?

Ah, I have another photo of the tiki bar! This time with the happy crew that built it! That's me, Grace and James. Suzie and Jon, from the Education team also joined us! (We're still missing Liz though)

Check it out! 💛

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral @James - that looks like a ‘gang of miscreants’ if i ever saw one.. 

the bar looks great and glad you all had the opportunity to get together and celebrate the opening…. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Gabi Amaral good to have ya back and look at y’all smoldering at the Tiki Bar, ha!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

That bar looks like such fun, @Gabi Amaral!

The pictures I took are actually quite close to where they filmed the scenes from Hoth in Star Wars Episode V. Specifically, the scenes were filmed at the snowy area in the background on the third photo 🤓

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hehehehehe yes, I know @john.desborough! Next month we're planning to have the grand opening tiki night! 😂 Have you noticed our tiki mugs? That's what I call "style". We're not as cool as @Darnell but we're getting there… 😎

@Mikkel That's very cool! I love visiting filming locations. Last year I went to Girona and explored some of the GoT's filming locations. I have some photos! What's next on your list of trips? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey everyone! Back after a week off, I didn’t go anywhere just had a friend visiting me here in Barcelona so I was playing tour guide! 

@Mikkel those pictures look incredible, I’ve never visited Norway but I would love to go, I like that fact that everyone shares their pics and adventure stories here so I can get inspired to go somewhere new! 

@Gabi Amaral @john.desborough good work keeping on top of all those questions, we’re all taking it in turns to have a bit of time off and you both definitely deserve some! 

I’m looking forward to the grand opening of the Tiki Bar next month! 🍹

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You should go to Norway, @Grace! I've only been to Oslo, but loved it! In fact, my profile photo here was taken there, in front of the Oslo Opera House! How do you like Oslo, @Mikkel?

I'm enjoying the heat wave with some quality time with my family. August is a weird month! It seems everything stops - restaurants and stores. 

​​​​​Hope @john.desborough is enjoying his vacay time with his beautiful ladies! 😍

How's your August going, @the conservative? Haven't heard of you for a while now! Hope you're enjoying!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

By the way, I'd like to introduce @IvanLC on this thread! He's been creating awesome things with VideoAsk. This thread is where we chat about pretty much everything! Of course, you can connect to other awesome folks that are creating inspiring typeforms and videoasks! 

One member that I believe you'd love to get to know is @Darnell! He's a fellow videoask user and is always here spreading his knowledge and charisma! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Norway is on my list @Gabi Amaral so keen to hear more about it from @Mikkel 😁 

I’m going to Iceland in November, I’ve wanted to go for ages so ticking that off the bucket list and then can start planning 2023 adventures! 

Welcome @IvanLC whenever you have time to chat we’d love to hear what you’re up to, I know you’re based in Spain but whereabouts? 

Hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of August before the back to school feelings come in haha! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

By the way, I'd like to introduce @IvanLC on this thread! He's been creating awesome things with VideoAsk. This thread is where we chat about pretty much everything! Of course, you can connect to other awesome folks that are creating inspiring typeforms and videoasks! 

One member that I believe you'd love to get to know is @Darnell! He's a fellow videoask user and is always here spreading his knowledge and charisma! 

@Gabi Amaral appreciate the warm words and welcome to this incredible community, @IvanLC!!  Would love to check out one of your public-facing Typeforms or VideoAsks. Hope you both are having an awesome week thus far.