Barception

Show first post

988 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

.Hello everyone!! How’s it going? I’m guessing everyone is busy prepping for holidays - how are you all doing @john.desborough @Darnell @the conservative @Michaela

@Gabi.Amaral are you having fun with the family? 

I had an awesome trip to Iceland, thought I would share a few pics to prove I went (am I right @Liz 😜)

The landscape was just incredible, we were really lucky with the weather too, had quite a bit of sunshine and even got to see the Northern Lights which was incredible! 

Anyone got any plans for the next few weeks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - simply splendid.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace look at those photos! And that first one looks like where they shot Batman Begins, when Bruce was training with Rah’s Al Ghul, ha!

Yes, busy with holidays and course-related promo materials and all sorts of things, lol. And it was so great to meet everyone today during our Quizmas celebrations. This year’s flying by, 2023 will be here in an eye blink.

Here’s our tree…

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Darnell - i echo your ‘great to meet everyone’ statement.. was a lot of fun.. 

the tree looks awesome… just missing a few microbrewery cans underneath lol

cheers !!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow @Darnell that tree is spectacular! 

I’m not sure about Batman Begins, but they filmed Game of Thrones there! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Darnell - i echo your ‘great to meet everyone’ statement.. was a lot of fun.. 

the tree looks awesome… just missing a few microbrewery cans underneath lol

cheers !!

des

@john.desborough haha, you’re right! Hopefully, Kim is gifting me some sippy for the holidays.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Oh wow @Darnell that tree is spectacular! 

I’m not sure about Batman Begins, but they filmed Game of Thrones there! 

@Grace I’m fairly certain it’s where they shot it b/c that landscape is unmistakable, especially if it’s the only place on earth that looks like that. I also think they shot a significant portion of Interstelllar there too.👀 Surely, you’ve seen that masterpiece, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell now I’m going to have to go and do some investigating… It was an epic spot, I could well believe there have been other movies shot there...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You are totally right @Darnell! Both movies filmed in Iceland, and used The Svínafellsjökull glacier as a location which is where I was! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You are totally right @Darnell! Both movies filmed in Iceland, and used The Svínafellsjökull glacier as a location which is where I was! 

👀 oh wow! Glad my memory is still strong, ha!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hello hello all! It’s been a bit since I’ve been here because I’ve been battling a small cold, but I’ve returned to normal, just in time for the holidays! I’m avoiding my family and staying home to volunteer (which I would do anyway, avoiding family or not ha!) for the holidays. 

Anyone else doing anything fun? 

@Darnell , that tree looks epic!!

@Grace wow! Those are some epic photos! What was the weather like there? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz so glad you’re feeling better and ready to tackle the holidays! Where will you be volunteering? 

We were pretty lucky with the weather, it was cold but the sun came out quite a bit so we were able to see the Northern Lights which was awesome! It only rained on our last day, but we needed it to have the true Iceland experience!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @Grace - almost no travels planned here.. relatives coming to visit the nuclear family mostly but i think we are heading to a ski hill for a couple of days of skiing for the wee beast and then I think we will tackle chasing down my elder spawn.. gets harder to coordinate as the years go by… (they both say that if i bought them each a car, it would be so much easier for them to come visit…..hell, they live 10 minutes walk on either side of the main train station in Montreal - i will get them rail passes instead, it’s cheaper lol)

we’ve already got snow on the ground and more forecast, so pics will be forthcoming when i get back from this trip to Toronto.. 

cheers y’all

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha @john.desborough I like their thinking on the car front 😆 skiing sounds fun though, looking forward to some snowy pics and hope Toronto is treating you well!

I’ll be having a friends Christmas in Barcelona this year and then heading back to England in January. Me and the cat are already in festive mode, watching all the cheesy movies on Netflix and eating all the chocolate (well, I’m eating chocolate, she’s sticking to cat food 😸)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey my favourite Typeform/VideoAsk folks 😍 So great to see what everyone’s been up to! 

I am slowly transitioning from pre-holiday chaos to holiday chill haha. I’ll go see the family, talk to everyone, eat everything, spend a couple of days in food coma, read and hopefully spend a couple of days in my PJs. 

So yea, that’s me 😅

Hope you’ll all get to enjoy some wonderful time with your loved ones.

Happy Holidays from me & the Make team 💜

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Michaela  - nice to see you duck back in here for a bit… I hear you on the chaos to the chill…. but the weather over this weekend here in eastern Canada (see the radar map for today below) is going to be ugly ugly … freezing rain now with a 15C drop in temperature through the day  followed by upwards of 40cm of snow overnight… that’s my chaos.. (Ottawa is circled-ish in red)

and it will actually bring chill to the house - and not just the falling temps - the expected visitors for the weekend are NOT travelling (doing a small dance of joy). We get a quiet family weekend followed by visiting. 

everyone enjoy, be safe and eat/drink wisely - resolutions are coming!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Michaela that sounds like a great holiday plan! Hoping for something similar with lots of food and PJ time 🤗

@john.desborough wow that looks very chilly indeed, hope you all stay safe and warm and enjoy the quieter weekend! ⛄

Happy Holidays everyone, take care and sure we’ll catch you next week or in 2023! 🎉

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

welcome to 2023.. and yes i typed that straight away without having to correct my fingers lol. 

Given the bar-building work by @James last year, i thought this was an appropriate image to post… and maybe we can rename the TikkiBar to “Resolutions TikkiBar” ?? lol.. just a thought

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha love it @john.desborough! Has anyone made any resolutions?? I have not 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

haha love it @john.desborough! Has anyone made any resolutions?? I have not 😅

*lol*.. i have made a couple.. already broken this one though: “I resolve to check the Typeform Community only 3 times a day (in order to focus on rev-gen activities) - before 7am, at noon, and after 10pm” .. 

I tend to make two categories of resolutions - resolutions and commitments. Commitments are the ones that i have more of a tendency to keep lol.. 

my commitments (related to Typeform) for 2023: 

• launch my 30-day, “Learn to Typeform” course Feb 1
  • launch my “Typeform Tip of the Week” email newsletter Jan 15

and i am committed to dropping 15 pounds by June 21

the Resolution to NOT buy or consume potato chips is going strong!

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Well good job on the potato chips @john.desborough ! 

Yeh I have a few things that I would like to do in 2023 but I don’t want to call it a resolution in case it doesn’t happen 😂

Interested to see how the course goes though, keep us posted on that one!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

welcome to 2023.. and yes i typed that straight away without having to correct my fingers lol. 

Given the bar-building work by @James last year, i thought this was an appropriate image to post… and maybe we can rename the TikkiBar to “Resolutions TikkiBar” ?? lol.. just a thought

Hahaha @john.desborough that’s spot on. My “dry January” has already turned pretty damp. So yes, I’m looking forward to renovating and utilising the tiki-bar to the full this year.

Very excited for you and your projects 🤗 Keep us posted on the launch of your 30-day program and we will (of course) give it a plug here in the Community. 

And no @Grace I don’t have any resolutions either. Like you, there are some things I wanna do: pass my driving test in Spain and make a go-kart (and not just if I fail the first thing :P)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Haha @James the go-kart will be super cool but maybe not a substitute for a real car with all the hills in your neighbourhood! 

Looking forward to the tiki bar 2.0 and wondering whether @Liz will make it to a BBQ with us this year… 😜

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

we’ll do what we can to support @James .. speed trials down the hills? i can see the Typeform Derby shaping up now…. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

😂 @john.desborough