Barception

Show first post

988 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace not too shabby, right?

So we didn’t actually give out any awards; we were invited to our friends’ house who host the event every year and they’re the ones to give out awards based on votes.

Other categories included Most Creative Dip and Best Overall Dip!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Sounds like a great idea @Darnell, just that little bit of competitive spirit added to the mix to get the best dips haha! 

I’m off to my first Christmas dinner with some friends on the weekend, everyone has been assigned a dish to bring and I’m on dessert duty! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Darnell that’s some pro-level dipping, the presentation looks exquisite 🤤

@Grace Agree with Darnell, those pictures are breathtaking. But for me, nothing will beat the sight of the scoreboard at the Bristol City match this weekend. Was an amazing game and well worth flying back to England for:

@john.desborough how is the work on this year’s igloo coming on? I trust it’ll be ready in time for you to present your workshop from inside it...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - here’s hoping it will be ready.. tho global warming may have different ideas.. i might not have enough snow for an igloo in two weeks but i will do some ‘troll dancing’ to try and get the weather gods to help out.

maybe for late Feb??

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@Grace that’s quite an early Xmas dinner you’re going to, no? 😁 What will be your dessert? Matter of fact, just take a quick snap of it before it gets devoured. Otherwise, it doesn’t exist and you never made that dessert; we just won’t ever believe you. 🤪

@James, glad you like it, man! So you think that scoreboard crushes Grace’s mountainous views!? 👀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha @Darnell too true, I will do my best to snap it before it gets eaten! Going for a Biscoff cheesecake, hopefully it turns out as planned! We do the dinner every year at the start of December before everyone disappears for the holidays 😊

@James it looked like a good turn out for them, glad they got the win! 

@john.desborough please please film the troll dancing so we can see it. Thanks 😆

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Grace - the dancing was not filmed.. it was rated inappropriate for public consumption… especially after i tripped and fell into the hedge.. 

but it worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow @john.desborough that’s a good blanket of snow! 

Sorry to hear you fell into a hedge trying to make it happen 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Holy smokes @john.desborough that is beautiful. Such a magical scene, in fact I’m trying to figure out how all that snow has managed to balance itself on those spindly branches 🤔 My main guess is you spent all weekend gluing it on (and the effects of the glue fumes caused you to fall in the hedge). But it’s probably something far more logical than that :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James @Grace - a tree root under the leaves in the back yard and i did not see it.. my daughter was laughing so hard she was crying.. 

at both the interpretive dance and the effort required to extricate myself from the hedge. 

and that image is real.. light and fluffy snow… no AI tool was used or injured in the composition of the pictures 

and it was clumpy enough that my little one nailed me in the back with a snowball on the way to the school this morning … minx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It sounds like an outtake from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Of course though, it’s snow joke

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@James *Audible groan* 😂

Always nice to have supportive family around eh @john.desborough

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James *Audible groan* 😂

Always nice to have supportive family around eh @john.desborough

I was going to let it pass @Grace - didn’t deserve more than an eyeroll but it IS monday.. so maybe we should credit him for being caffeinated.. lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey everyone happy Friday! How’s everyone’s weeks been? 😁

Hopefully @john.desborough you are gonna take a well earned break this weekend after yesterday’s workshop and all the other shenanigans of the past week! 

And @Darnell I see you’re busy with more live events and end of year wrap ups - how’s it going in Forge?? 

Anyone up to anything good this weekend? @James @Liz @Harsh @olas @Michaela @Gabi.Amaral @Gabolino 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Happy Friday, folks! ✌🏾😇

Happiest holidays to everyone too!

Yes, busy with live events and a shorter month due to an impending vacay starting next week, @Grace. Forge is cooking and singing; we’re up to some empowering things and there are some special things happening with and between members. Looking forward to another 6 months, ha!

This weekend, we have an intimate company dinner to attend, 2024 Vision Board on Sat, Santa Paws with our sweet Bauer on Sun, and prep for Tuesday’s block party.

What y’all up to??

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh gosh @Darnell obviously all the Forge stuff sounds really good, glad you are forging ahead with it 😉 but I really wanna know more about Santa Paws with Bauer! What’s that all about? And please can you send pics haha! 

This evening we’re having a little holiday dinner with some typeformers which will be fun and then tomorrow I’m going to a friends for festive movies and snacks 🍿

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In case you’re wondering why i am not posting a tonne this week… i’ve been kidnapped by an 8 yr old (as of tomorrow) for the week.. 

see ya soon

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh wow @john.desborough I hope you both have an awesome time! Looking forward to hearing about it when you return 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James @Grace @Liz 

thinking we can do the TypeBus and the TypeFalcon…. waddya think?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Anything is possible if you believe!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Excellent idea @john.desborough We can emblazon it with “May the forms be with you”  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Excellent idea @john.desborough We can emblazon it with “May the forms be with you”  

@James - exactly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Excellent idea @john.desborough We can emblazon it with “May the forms be with you”  

HAHAHHAHAHA I LOVE THIS @James 

@john.desborough can you put this on a t-shirt along with a coffee quote?! 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz @James - A or B?? (is this an A/B test??)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough my vote is for B!