Best music to create typeforms & videoasks

Show first post

468 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey everybody! Just discovered this cool thread only now! Love the idea, @Gabriel - thanks for opening it! (Also, how is your son's upper lip? I hope he's better!)

@john.desborough OMG you were able to see Queen live! What a lucky guy …

Here is something I like listening to while working: 

@Nasia - Thievery Corporation is a great listen, for me - it’s the 2 am to 4am shift usually when i am working through or late into the night and i need something that doesn’t shock the nerves.. though, like @James, post-punk is the morning get started music most days. 

as for seeing Queen, I was blessed to be able to see them twice. I was able to see a lot of bands over the years - i only wish i could have been born 10 years earlier to see some of the early 60’s bands perform live!

and Simple Minds is on the live list .. but when they were all young lol.. 

have a fantastic day!

this morning it’s another oldie from a great voice: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

How you doing today, Des?

Today is a beautiful spring day in Ottawa - 0C while walking my daughter to school this morning but will be 19C this afternoon .. lovely sunny day.. forgive any absence on my part this afternoon while i sit in the sun without a computer and soak up a coffee and some spring.. 

they moved the city back into the ‘red zone’ due to increase in cases of COVID but with the nice weather, it seems that people are forgetting about the social distancing and starting the self-fulfilling prophecy of another wave. And complaining that the government is not doing enough.. 

Are we really such a ‘stupid people’?? ok.. off my soapbox now.. 

just about to complete the last two typeform assessments i need to configure the ‘entire business model’ (i think) and start the testing to set up Thinkific and the integration with Typeform.. slightly ahead of my April 1 schedule lol.. 

but if the weather stays nice .. who will say?

And how is your wee lad doing? Wearing his badge of honour proudly??

des

Badge +5

Sun and no computer sounds exactly like the kind of ‘moment’ I need right now! 

Luca (my son) is doing better - he never really complained much about it, I had to remind him all the time about his lip wound and stop biting his scooter. It was a bit scary because he couldn’t really see where the wound was but it was bleeding quite a bit and we were obviously a bit nervous - more than him. 

He’s almost fully recovered, thanks for asking @john.desborough and @Nasia

By the way, Nasia, that’s a great album to sit in the sun without a computer :sun_with_face:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Sun and no computer sounds exactly like the kind of ‘moment’ I need right now! 

Luca (my son) is doing better - he never really complained much about it, I had to remind him all the time about his lip wound and stop biting his scooter. It was a bit scary because he couldn’t really see where the wound was but it was bleeding quite a bit and we were obviously a bit nervous - more than him. 

He’s almost fully recovered, thanks for asking @john.desborough and @Nasia

By the way, Nasia, that’s a great album to sit in the sun without a computer :sun_with_face:

glad to hear he is ok. when my little one bangs something and gets a ‘hurt’, i usually ask if the object she banged into got hurt and if it is ok… her bicycle was the most recent culprit… when i asked her, she went out to check with her bike and it said it was ok.. (she’s 5 and has a good imagination.. i know your’s is younger) 

and it is looking oh so nice out side now lol

Badge +5

How beautiful is this ???

Badge +5

I guess we need to get used to them falling (in the broad sense of the word), Des. Not easy :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I guess we need to get used to them falling (in the broad sense of the word), Des. Not easy :thinking:

ain’t that the truth… they also bounce back better than the parents do lol. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

two thumbs up on this one.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

this morning’s musical interlude is brought to you by happy people working together in small spaces

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Today’s musical interlude comes to you on behalf of covid-hair everywhere… who knew this artist was so ahead of his time: 

a wonderful story teller.. please make sure you turn up the volume a little… and listen to the spoken word parts carefully.. lol.. 

des

Userlevel 1

Hi! I hope that Music can help us all! I think that all of the music above is wonderful! Keep on liking what you like 👍!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Gabriel glad to hear Luca is ok :heartbeat: - to the extent that he forgets about the wound himself :smile:
+1 on how usually it's more us adults worrying about those injuries than the kids themselves. (well said, @john.desborough !) 

Once when I was babysitting my nephew, in a moment of inattention, I wasn't fast enough when he fell from the sofa - crashing with his forehead against the hard tile floor.
Luckily it turned out fine in the end (he got away with a huge bump), but I will never forget that second of shock where I thought "I just killed my nephew - and if not that, then I probably caused him some permanent brain damage”

So, big respect to all you parents out there, for going through those moments every day!! :raised_hands_tone3:
I'm not sure if I'd be able to… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Very beautiful cover indeed! And perfect for a Friday like this one.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

this morning’s musical interlude is brought to you by happy people working together in small spaces

Another nice cover. Great find, John!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Since this seems to be the theme of the last days, here is one of my favourite covers:

Enjoy your Friday everybody :v_tone3:

Badge +5

Didn’t know that cover, @Nasia! I love that song, so many good versions of it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Since this seems to be the theme of the last days, here is one of my favourite covers:

Enjoy your Friday everybody :v_tone3:

I didn’t see that coming lol.. an interesting cover of the song.. well done.. 

and @Nasia, i have been there with the small child diving off furniture and watching the bump on their head growing as you look at it..It’s scary but it probably won’t be the last time they take those knocks. 

it does mean that it is ok to put large cushions all over the floor around your furniture though whenever the small ones come over - just say you are tired of sitting on the furniture and then sit on the cushion on the floor.. no one will ever know you are child-proofing your home.. lol

enjoy the day and the upcoming weekend.

des

Badge +5

Often when parents add too many safety measures they end up creating more hazards - like those table edge protectors. The son of one of my best friends choked pretty badly trying to eat one of those - I’d say it’s better to hit the table than chocking with plastic/glue. 

Badge +5

I was pretty obsessed with this unplugged for quite some time.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I was pretty obsessed with this unplugged for quite some time.  

Oh my, me too! I had it burned on a CD and it would hardly ever leave my Discman. (Feeling super old as I’m typing this, hahah)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

i am becoming a bigger fan of NPR Tiny Desk Concert series.. you find some rare gems in there.. 

Badge +5

@john.desborough it’s a really extensive video-library of great music. All performances are really high quality, rare and awesome. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough it’s an video-library of great music. All performances are really high quality, rare and awesome. 

it is a great asset.. and often times it is missed by folks, including myself, when I am running through a ‘playlist’ i have set up in youtube. every so often something just pops up into the stream of consciousness and then i go hunting for more … and it is nice that this is almost the defacto replacement for the ‘unplugged’ series on MTV.. sort of.. maybe.. kind of.. lol

have a great day y’all

Badge +5

@john.desborough it’s an video-library of great music. All performances are really high quality, rare and awesome. 

it is a great asset.. and often times it is missed by folks, including myself, when I am running through a ‘playlist’ i have set up in youtube. every so often something just pops up into the stream of consciousness and then i go hunting for more … and it is nice that this is almost the defacto replacement for the ‘unplugged’ series on MTV.. sort of.. maybe.. kind of.. lol

have a great day y’all

True, don’t know what happened to the unplugged series. It was discontinued long time ago, right?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

have a great day y’all

True, don’t know what happened to the unplugged series. It was discontinued long time ago, right?

show basically died in 1999 with some attempts to bring it back over the years.. 

some great shows.. 

but sticking with the npr theme