Skip to main content

Community playlist - what are you listening to?

I used to love this thread in a community I was part of in my previous life. So here it’s again.

What are you listening today?

I’ll get things started…

485 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - when you are suffering from the after effects of a stag weekend… is this your fam?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha very true @john.desborough although I also blame the England football team for putting me to sleep so early in the evening lately 😴

Here’s something energetic for the big weekend. Wishing you, these guys, @suzieq and all our friends over there a very happy Canada Day 🇨🇦

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Thanks @James! What a banger, that one! So many Canadian classics, maybe we can all add our favourites to this thread in celebration? @Grace @Liz @Phoebe VA 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Great idea @suzieq 🍁 Did you know that Ms Lavigne is playing in Barcelona in a couple of weeks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Brilliant! 😍

Here’s a bit of Shania to lead us into the weekend 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@James I did know that, only because @Grace told me a few minute ago. Shall we all go together? 🍁

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Guess Who …. .really The Guess Who.. 

(From Wikiwhatsit - The music and lyrics of the song were improvised on stage during a concert in Southern Ontario ..Bachman was playing notes while tuning his guitar after replacing a broken string, and he realized he was playing a new riff that he wanted to remember. He continued playing it and the other band members returned to the stage and joined in, creating a jam session in which Cummings improvised the lyrics.They noticed a kid with a cassette recorder making a bootleg recording and asked him for the tape. They listened to the tape and noted down the words that Cummings had extemporized, and which he later revised.)

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Avril Lavigne!! She was my favorite as a kid. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - do you still know the words to sk8er boi? one of friends can be caught singing that one whenever she is working in the garden… lol..

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do I?!?!??!! Of course I do, @john.desborough ! I could recite the words to every song from her first album!