Skip to main content

I used to love this thread in a community I was part of in my previous life. So here it’s again.

What are you listening today?

I’ll get things started…

Just because "Money Heist" has come to an end! Hehehe 

@Gabi Amaral - my wife is hooked on that series … 

BUT here’s another oldie for @James 

I hope your family gathering is not as strange as the one in this video but we all have relatives like this.. somewhere.. lol.. 

happy preparation for the holidays

It's Christmas week! Yaaay!

"Santa, tell me if you're really there
Don't make me fall in love again
If he won't be here next year" :heart::christmas_tree:

Another classic! Hahaha 

:heart_eyes:

Starting the week with this great samba jazz! :guitar:

Given that it is the anniversary of his passing, I thought i would put a little David Bowie out there for some respect the Starman, who is now among the stars

Amazing, @john.desborough! He was a legend! There's a Brazilian singer, Seu Jorge, who recorded an entire album with David Bowie's melodies but with Portuguese lyrics he created! Super nice! 

this is not a musical interlude but is music to my ears… this is an award winning little video that was made by a 20 year old  .. . a very powerful little message in a very short film

today’s musical interlude is brought to you by voice # 5 in my head who has started pushing at me to do this sort of  interpretive dance routine 

This is fantastic @john.desborough , very hypnotic. I can’t wait to see your version uploaded here soon. 

Wow, it's indeed very beautiful! Let us know when you try that! 

@James brought to my attention that today is Blue Monday, so I'm sending this playlist: 

I guess the message is "It's okay to be sad but just make sure you won't be sad forever!" :blue_heart:

I'm traveling to Brazil today so I need any good advices on songs and playlists! Any recommendations? @john.desborough @Paulo @James @Liz @Michaela :heart_eyes:

So exciting @Gabi Amaral :flag_br::flag_br::sunglasses:  Hope you have a pleasant trip over there!

Back in the day, my traveling music was the Radio Soulwax series, which is pretty timeless. This is Part 2 (which I think was the only “official” 2manyDJs one) but all the other mixes are on YouTube, too – lots of fun to be had!

@Gabi Amaral travel safely.. i would take the Typeform community playlist on spotify, as compiled by @James as the source of music. 

cheers and safe journey

Wohoo @Gabi Amaral! Sorry to be so late to the party hahah. Hope you had a safe journey :slight_smile:

I galloped over here to share my ultimate travel music recommendation which is the soundtrack to :blossom: Hair the musical :hibiscus: . I listen to it - and especially the following song - literally whenever I go somewhere :notes:

Fun fact: The movie was directed by Milos Forman, one of the few famous Czech people (it’s pretty much him and me, hahahah). 

this is probably a re-post of something from early days of this thread (by me) but it’s Friday and “I think i’m gonna dance now”

Bowie, David Byrne and Tom Jones - cool for cats!

and alas.. Meatloaf has gone to join The Choir Invisible.. may the dashboard light illuminate his path!

@James - a little ska to get you going on a MONday morning.. lol

@James - a little ska to get you going on a MONday morning.. lol

This is just the ticket @john.desborough thanks for sharing, I do doth my porkpie hat to you. It’s been a tough weekend for me after I found out on Saturday that my wife doesn’t like saxophone. So this is just what I need to help get over that news – which as you can imagine comes as quite a shock after 10 years of marriage.

The revelation came out after this beauty came on the radio in the car and she said it was “boring”

Thanks for all of the recommendations, guys!! Tbh, I haven't listened to a lot of music during my flights! However, I watched the movie "Respect" with the story of Aretha Franklin. The movie was starred by Jennifer Hudson! I'm a huge fan so I really enjoyed it! I usually love movies that talk about musicians, singers and also musicals (For example, Hairspray @Michaela)! :heart_eyes:

@James - she doesn’t like sax? poor you.. though my wife is not a fan of The Cure or anything of that ilk… Maybe we need the coffee bus to be a radio station/listening zone when we need to escape and let the music roll!!

@Gabi Amaral- Repect is a great movie

Starting this sunny day listening to this one… :sunny: