Fun

Oscars Recap: How did the Typeform Community fare in predicting the winners? šŸŽ­

Oscars Recap: How did the Typeform Community fare in predicting the winners? šŸŽ­
Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey Community,

Ā 

Last week we asked you to cast your votes for the Oscars. Well, the results are in, and it's time to see how well the Typeform Community performed in predicting the winners!

We've compiled the data and created a chart that shows the top guess from the Community for each award category, along with the actual result. We were very impressed to see how close our predictions were to the real outcomes:

Ā 

Ā 

From Best Picture to Best Original Song, the Community made some impressive guesses. But as we all know, the Oscars can be full of surprises, and sometimes the underdogs take home the trophies, so don't beat yourself up too much if you didn't make all the right calls šŸ˜›

We want to thank everyone who participated in our Academy Awards ballot and shared their predictions. It was a fun way to engage with the Oscars and see how our Community's opinions aligned with the actual results. If you really want to nerd out about the results of the ballot, check out theĀ report.

Stay tuned for more exciting events and discussions in the Typeform Community. Your insights and participation make this community vibrant and engaging!
Ā 

Cheers!

Update: This post was updated on 13 March 2024 to reflect the voting of our Oscars ballot and the final winners of the Academy awards. The original post is shown below.

Hey Community, as you may have noticed it's Oscars season!

Who deserves to take home the trophies this year?Ā :trophy:Ā And perhaps an even better question, who will be best dressed?Ā :man_dancing::dancer:Ā Cast your vote now in Typeform'sĀ Academy Awards ballot.

ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹

We'll reveal the predictions after the big night and see how the Community voted vs. the actual results. From Barbie to American Fiction, it was a big year for film. How close will your predictions be?

Cheers!

Ā 

Ā 

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh itā€™s back for 2024! And once again, Iā€™ve only seen one movie thatā€™s been nominated so will be closing my eyes and picking at random haha!Ā šŸ¤£

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

haha, I know the feeling @GraceĀ I hope the Academy are better clued up than me and donā€™t just put ā€œOppenheimerā€ for everything as itā€™s the only one theyā€™ve seen :PĀ 

Interested to know what the true movie nerds on here think @LizĀ @john.desboroughĀ @DarnellĀ @Gabi AmaralĀ @suzieqĀ šŸæ

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Ohh how fun!Ā Iā€™ve seen maybe 30% of these movies so Iā€™d like to think I made some fairly informed choices myselfĀ šŸš° @JamesĀ I donā€™t think putting Oppenheimer for everything is a bad strategy, it likely will win almost everythingĀ šŸ˜‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I started watching all of the Oscar films recently! Iā€™m about halfway through them so Iā€™m going to vote when Iā€™ve seen them all ha.Ā Ā @JamesĀ does the form close at a certain point? Or just at Oscar time?Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@suzieqĀ out of interest would you put Oppenheimer as number one based on the 30% youā€™ve seen? I know you were a big fan of Barbie (which I saw half of until my eyes closed).

@LizĀ the form itself should be live until Oscars night but if you can get your predictions in pronto (i.e. today!) then itā€™ll give us the chanceĀ to reveal what the Community vibe is around whoā€™s names are on the Oscars before the big night!

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@JamesĀ Oppenheimer is not my #1 personal choice, but based on industry chatter (cuz you know, Iā€™m totally part of the filmmaking industry as Typeformā€™s video editor) I would say Oppie is whatĀ most peopleā€™s money is on. I loved Barbie of course, but I was also pleasantly surprised by Poor Things. So bascially, I have no idea how to critique films other than, I liked this one more than that one so it should win.Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@JamesĀ @GraceĀ - my daughter made me pick Barbie as much as i could.. but The Holdovers is my sleeper pick for a few prizesā€¦Ā including Paul G.

Ā 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desboroughĀ Barbie is the only one Iā€™ve seen, and as tempting as it wasĀ to pick it to win everything, I think itā€™s going to get beaten by Oppenheimer and Poor Things. And probably some of the others tooĀ šŸ˜†

I hope it wins best song for Iā€™m Just Ken, that was a musical triumph!Ā šŸŽ¤

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@suzieqĀ Ā @john.desboroughĀ @GraceĀ Iā€™ll be interested to see what the Academy thinks about Barbie, I think it could be one of those where it either sweeps up or gets nothing. I really must watch the second half. In fact, Iā€™ll be happy to organize a Community ā€œwatch partyā€ of that or any of the othersĀ šŸ¤“

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Voted!!! FYI Iā€™m predictingĀ Oppie takes home 8 Academy Awards:

1. Best Picture
  2. Best Director
  3. Best Cinematography
  4. Best Actor
  5. Best Supporting Actor
  6. Best Sound
  7. Best Editing
  8. Best Score

ā€œWhat Was I Made For?ā€ for Best Original Song was also amongst my predictions.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooh I am intrigued to see how weā€™ve collectively voted and how well we do with our predictions...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

1. Best Picture
  2. Best Director
  3. Best Cinematography
  4. Best Actor
  5. Best Supporting Actor
  6. Best Sound
  7. Best Editing
  8. Best Score

ā€œWhat Was I Made For?ā€ for Best Original Song was also amongst my predictions.

Ā 

@DarnellĀ I think you did pretty well in your predictions!!

I slept through it all of course but Iā€™ve enjoyed catching up on Kenā€™s outstanding performance!Ā 

https://youtu.be/r2H4pJOtj_M?si=IOL5mx8BZ2-OZUOD

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

1. Best Picture
  2. Best Director
  3. Best Cinematography
  4. Best Actor
  5. Best Supporting Actor
  6. Best Sound
  7. Best Editing
  8. Best Score

Ā 

@DarnellĀ I think you did pretty well in your predictions!!

I slept through it all of course but Iā€™ve enjoyed catching up on Kenā€™s outstanding performance!Ā 

https://youtu.be/r2H4pJOtj_M?si=IOL5mx8BZ2-OZUOD

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

@Grace, yes, from the ones I listed, I got Best Sound wrong! šŸ˜‘

So you slept through it!? Hahaha, itā€™s crazy that the Oscars put you to sleep.

And yes, that was an outstanding Ken performance!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

lol @DarnellĀ I didnā€™t even try to stay awake, far too late on a Sunday night for me! (Think it started around midnight my time)Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks for sharing the results @JamesĀ !

Hey for a group of people that didnā€™t watch most of the films, we did pretty well! I put the majority of our success down to @DarnellĀ šŸ˜‚

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing the resultsĀ @JamesĀ !

Hey for a group of people that didnā€™t watch most of the films, we did pretty well! I put the majority of our success down toĀ @DarnellĀ šŸ˜‚

@GraceĀ šŸ˜…šŸ˜…šŸ˜… and it was actually the less cringy, most watchable Oscars in a long while, ha!