What's the coolest typeform you've stumbled upon?

• 19 February 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
  • Tech Community Advocate
  • 12602 replies

I remember the first time someone sent me a typeform to fill out. :heart_eyes:  

I believe I was applying for a job, and the job used typeform to collect applicants!

Have you stumbled upon a cool Typeform on the internet that inspired you or you though was really cool? I recently stumbled upon the sidebar typeform here, which is a cool use of our sidebar widget! 

I’m also still in love with the experiment we did here, too. 

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

WOW!!! @Liz - that film was so cool. a very great way to use the tool.. if that didn’t win, it surely made for an interesting evening of work lol.. 

kudos and bouquets to the team who made it.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - ok, i should not have watched these two examples tonight .. I mentioned the video to my son, the film maker, and he is already working on something to try out lol.. 

Also - i thought I would test the side tab with my Godaddy site but i had to create a separate section on the page into which to put the embed code, due to the theme??, and I could not find to embed the html code into the preceding section . see the image below for the shot of the screen in the editor .. where i want the side tab to show up is where i have scribbled on the image, not in the section below.

has anyone in the dev/integration team looked into Godaddy on this type of embedding?? ( @picsoung ??)

you can see the two sections based on the slight colour variations.. 

see what happens when you see cool things late in the evening?? 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough Right??!?! The video is so cool! I also love film, so you’ll have to share what your son comes up with. I’m so curious to see!

For the sidebar, are you able to add code to the header/footer of the site? If so, that might be a better spot to add the widget code since it should automatically place itself on the site after you add the code. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - for whatever reason, it does not appear that i have the ability - using the GoDaddy web builder - to be able to inject the code necessary in the header/footer of the site. at least in the 10 minute trial and error session just now. will keep working on it and check with the folks at GoDaddy on how it might be possible.. 

it would be a neat feature to add into the site. 

as for the video, will keep you posted is/as/when he gives it a try.. he will need dear old dad to get it into typeform.. lol

des

Badge +5

@James must have a couple of examples for us? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough let me know if you’re still not able to find a way to add it onto the site! I’m not terribly familiar with GoDaddy, but I can ask around here, too. :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gabriel Too many to mention here!! Check the inspiration articles on the blog for some cool ones.

At the risk of playing favourites, check out this Carbon footprint calculator, built entirely using Typeform - it's pretty impressive: https://climatehero.me/

I've been thinking of running a regular "Typeform(s) of the Week/Month" post here on the community where we highlight interesting typeforms that we've come across in the past few days. What do you think folks? @Liz @john.desborough 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Love the LOST gif, @Liz (one my all-time favorite shows). The movie was AHmazing, too! Love how you used the questions as an overlay to engage the audience. 

I first recall seeing a Typeform with Amy Porterfield when she opened her online course but I don’t have a link to share 😏

I created this one which I think is fun (I kinda love movies 😂)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabriel Too many to mention here!! Check the inspiration articles on the blog for some cool ones.

At the risk of playing favourites, check out this Carbon footprint calculator, built entirely using Typeform - it's pretty impressive: https://climatehero.me/

I've been thinking of running a regular "Typeform(s) of the Week/Month" post here on the community where we highlight interesting typeforms that we've come across in the past few days. What do you think folks? @Liz @john.desborough 

@James - i think the ‘of the month’ concept is a great idea! I am always looking for new/different and better ways to enhance what i am trying to do with Typeform!

@Gabriel - there are a lot of inspirational ideas on that list that @James mentioned.. i am about half way through them and have way too many ideas and not enough time to try half of them out!! 

the carbon footprint site is incredible!! very cool stuff indeed.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Love the LOST gif, @Liz (one my all-time favorite shows). The movie was AHmazing, too! Love how you used the questions as an overlay to engage the audience. 

I first recall seeing a Typeform with Amy Porterfield when she opened her online course but I don’t have a link to share 😏

Nicely done @vickioneill .. i like the approach and how you made it fun.. 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Love the LOST gif, @Liz (one my all-time favorite shows). The movie was AHmazing, too! Love how you used the questions as an overlay to engage the audience. 

Nicely done @vickioneill .. i like the approach and how you made it fun.. 

des

Thanks, @john.desborough !

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, @vickioneill +1 to @john.desborough 's comment on fun factor. I love the way you wove in that "tell us how much you loved the quiz" question at the end. I feel people (me included) often miss the chance to get feedback on their typeforms like this. Be interested to know how that rating is averaging 🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, @vickioneill +1 to @john.desborough 's comment on fun factor. I love the way you wove in that "tell us how much you loved the quiz" question at the end. I feel people (me included) often miss the chance to get feedback on their typeforms like this. Be interested to know how that rating is averaging 🙂

Thanks, @James !  I thought I’d get a higher ‘rank’ on that question but it’s actually averaging at 3.5. Still a fun question, though 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @James !  I thought I’d get a higher ‘rank’ on that question but it’s actually averaging at 3.5. Still a fun question, though 😀

@vickioneill well hopefully I just bumped it up a bit with my rating 🤩 if I could give an extra star for it recommending me The Pursuit of Happiness I would. What a movie!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @James !  I thought I’d get a higher ‘rank’ on that question but it’s actually averaging at 3.5. Still a fun question, though 😀

@vickioneill well hopefully I just bumped it up a bit with my rating 🤩 if I could give an extra star for it recommending me The Pursuit of Happiness I would. What a movie!

It’s one of my favorites! Just watched it this past weekend. And….after all the times I’ve watched it, I JUST found out the guy in the final scene that Will Smith’s character looks back on, is the REAL Chris Gardner. #LearnSomethingNewEveryDay 😂

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

same!! I never even thought about adding this to the end of a typeform. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Here’s one that I finally managed to put in front of the principal of my daughter’s school … lord knows it is tough to be an educator these days but admin in the schools just as tough. 

this was one of the original surveys i did in the classic builder but it converted easily into the new builder and would have been so much easier in the new builder from the getgo

Why do this?

here in Ottawa, there are 4 school boards under the Province’s Ministry of Education. All of the boards have adopted the simplest solution possible - they send out an email to all the parents whose children are registered in the school board with the link to the City’s Public Health Office survey which asks the same questions as in the typeform i referenced above. 

all the data goes to Ottawa Public Health but they are do not track any of the particulars on which student is the subject of the survey response. The City gets the number but none of the boards get THEIR data nor do any of the schools 

What i wanted to put in front of the principal was a survey that could track the same data as the Board/City survey in one of two ways:

• completely anonymous with no tracking of who was responding BUT providing a count of how many parents were actually responding to the ‘required survey’, how many kids should remain at home and how many MUST remain at home (they could correlate with attendance in class); or
  • could be used by the individual school to send an email out to each parent/student  with the link in the email routing them to the typeform but with the email address as a hidden field arriving at the form. this would give them not only the attendance figures but also the individuals who were responding. 

i have talked to a lot of parents who are not completing the current board/city version because there is no penalty if they don’t complete. The principal at the school has no idea how effective the ‘marketing’ is being about getting people to read the update emails and the respond to the survey - overall Ottawa Public Health believes it is getting about 34-35% of the expected responses across all the boards. 

I have a process/report at the backend that will extract the input into a ‘response report’ at 9am and send to the admin email at the school so they can use it to correlate attendance figures to responses (if there should be 40 people absent due to should/must stay home and only 15 kids are absent from the school, there is a problem) and another one at 4pm to catch any stragglers reporting. This should help the principal adjust is marketing messages to the parents. 

this is not a shining example of what you CAN do with Typeform but for me it hit a functional MVP approach to trying to get and keep my daughter’s school healthier .. 

(i am still working through the logic on how to make a retail tshirt store that allows you to put things in the cart and cycle back to order more tshits all in Typeform… now that would be my really cool site.. )

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James  Pursuit of Happiness is great - I got Dazed and Confused .. those are the names i have applied to voices 3 and 6 of the 7 voices that live in my head lol.. 

@vickioneill - repeating earlier statement- well done.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Bravo @john.desborough :clap::clap::clap::innocent: I love this, I really do. It's the perfect example of a fairly simple, well-thought out solution to a complex problem (as the best solutions are!) Have you (or the principal of your daughter's school) thought about touting it to other schools in the area? I imagine it's pretty helpful if the schools aren't getting that data from the centralized survey from the city.

I get quite taken aback at the level of "mucking in" to help combat the pandemic from wonderful people like yourself. It kinda gives you some faith that the human race isn't doomed when you see people getting together and using their ingenuity to solve a bugger of a problem like this. You only have to look here (pay particular attention to the embedded Airtable at the end) to see how everyday people all around the World can make a big difference in their communities and the wider world: https://www.typeform.com/blog/human-experience/community-kindness-covid19/

BTW, I accidentally hit submit so you might wanna delete the response from just now so I don't skew the figures (I guess all the parents are snoozing right now, so should be easy to spot mine).

Once you've cracked the logic for the t-shirt store I'd love it if we could feature it somewhere here on the community so we can all marvel at it. And just holler if you need a hand untangling any of the logic. There are lots of helpful folks here in Typeform who like to nerd out over this kind of thing *cough @Jo-Shan 🤓

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@James - thanks for the kind words. I had seen the article you mention before but have only started to appreciate the level of integration that can be done with the tools. It is incredible what people have done by applying ‘new tools’ to these problems. 

i am hoping the principal will sign on to use the tool but i am also approaching others as well, now that we are in the reopening process of schools across the province etc. (and no worries on the extra response in the data set, it is currently a test site and i have a mock data for the report set up behind the current integration Sheet… lol)  Given that they have been just back in class for two weeks, He is now just finding time to look at other things beyond keeping the doors open and the people inside safe and healthy. 

now to try and get him to say yes to use for next week. will keep you posted

as for the ‘nerd out over logic’ statements for the tshirts, i won’t be shy of asking for some insight lol.. 

cheers 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@john.desborough didn't realise the kids have only just been allowed to school over there. Here in Spain, we've been lucky that they've kept the schools open this whole academic year. Hope the principal finds some use for your form – and yes, please do keep us posted!

Actually now makes sense that it's a dummy form – the whole "school of hard knocks" thing should've been a clue – I'm the real dummy!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@john.desborough didn't realise the kids have only just been allowed to school over there. Here in Spain, we've been lucky that they've kept the schools open this whole academic year. Hope the principal finds some use for your form – and yes, please do keep us posted!

Actually now makes sense that it's a dummy form – the whole "school of hard knocks" thing should've been a clue – I'm the real dummy!

Schools closed to in-person learning for the most part end of March last year and only reopened back at the end of Sept. Due to rising case numbers in Dec, the Provincial government in Ontario decided to lock down the entire province for the first two weeks of January and has released that in all but 3 regions - we are just on restricted status now lol - but schools did not re-open until Feb 11.  6 weeks of remote schooling of a kindergarten student (3 hours online and 3 hours offline parental supervision) made us very thankful for the schools to open up again. Now, hopefully, as the vaccines roll out (slowly) I hope that the adults in the community will realize how important it is to really try to ensure that we reduce the spread so that kids can stay in school.. 

and we can participate more fully in our communities - online and in person, in our locales

des