Where are you working from?

Show first post

365 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Wow...I love pesto as well! @john.desborough can you send us your recipe? Hahaha :innocent:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Paulo @john.desborough @Liz @Gabriel  @Michaela @Kosta   

Going back to what this thread is supposed to be, I'll ask you: Guess where I'm working from today?

Yaaaaas, I told you I'd be in Typeform's Barcelona office in no time (I even got my Typeform hat! :tophat: ).

It's super empty and we can only take off the masks while we're seated! For now, I'm just sending a photo, but maybe I get inspired to give you a video tour in the future! :movie_camera:

Oh… And I had a delicious lunch with @Mariana today! She's not in the Community team anymore but she'll always be in our hearts! :heart:

What about you? What's your view today? :wink:

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ahh, I miss the office, @Gabi Amaral !! Where did you all grab lunch? 

I’m at home today, so my view isn’t very nice, but I’ll be in a coworking spot tomorrow in downtown Chicago and send pics!

@Gabi Amaral Yay! You finally made it!:tada:
Looking forward to the video tour!

Japan is rainy and I'm still working from home. That's a short video I posted in my Instagram earlier. Makes me want to take a nap...:sweat_smile:

https://youtu.be/rN-ItN3qOnk

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo - rain is never fun unless you really want those naps! and i am an expert at napping (I am old!)

@Gabi Amaral you wear the hat well! glad you made it to the office and thank you for the photos in and around your world. @Liz - Chitown is a fun city and i can’t really believe you were actually at home, for change lol.. 

Looking forward to getting out and about for a bit here as the heat wave has broken and ‘traditional back to school weather’ looks like it has arrived

happy Friday y’all!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Ok, I am LOVING the hat @Gabi Amaral! Awesome to hear that you made it to the office (even though it’s half-empty….crazy times we’re living in, huh). 

The second I read “rain”, I magically became sleepy, @Paulo :sweat_smile:  I hope you’ll get a bit of sun soon!

Happy Friday indeed @john.desborough, hope you all have some fun plans lined up for the weekend :blush:

Oh and my view? I am in our office and here’s my Lego road runner to prove it :smiley:

@john.desborough @Michaela Now that summer is ending here, the rains are accompanied by a cool breeze... which increases my desire to take a nap!:joy:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo @Gabi Amaral  - i had to say the rain word… it’s the middle of a long weekend here and today it was raining.. not hard but that incessant drizzle that plants and trees really need.. 

and a 20C temperature drop from this time last week.. holy crap!.. 

welcome to Canada… 

des

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hahaha ah, I miss Canada! @john.desborough When I moved to Vancouver, people would actually call it "Raincouver". :flag_ca:

Here in Barcelona, the weather is unpredictable! Sometimes we think it's going to rain but then there's a beautiful sun. It happened on Saturday, so I put on my bikini and went to the beach! I also finished watching "Money Heist" and I hate it!!! :sob:  No spoilers though. Do you guys have watched it? 

Next week I'll travel to a different city and then I'll post a beautiful photo of it. Wait for it! @Paulo and @Michaela :flag_it:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Noo!!!! I’m sad to hear Money Heist didn’t end well. :sob: I love that show! I’ve gotten back into Grey’s Anatomy, so give me about four more years and a few more rainy Chicago days to get through it ha! It’s also gotten cooler down here, @john.desborough !

@Michaela that lego runner is so cute!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral @Liz - my wife is big into Money Heist and is waiting on the last season to start here in Canada, so no spoilers… 

tonight i was doing some writing of email series for an autoresponder at a standing desk in the basement here at home and this was the view - nice and peaceful here at 11 pm (that is the other half of my office lol) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Liz @john.desborough Don't worry, I won't say a word about the series, but you have to promise to come back here to comment on it after you watch it! 

Everyone tells me to watch Grey's Anatomy but to be honest I don't dare to start. I can get a bit obsessed over a series if I like it a lot! Then my social life would be pretty much done! Haha. 

I can't help to see the snooker table in your view, Des! Do you play it? I love it, but I'm so bad at it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Gabi Amaral - i have to ‘clean the table’ at least a couple times a day… it helps me think things through (logic stuff) when i am trying to figure out angles and bounce, etc.. 

though, if i got rid of the table i could set up a ‘theatre’ in the basement where i could watch my programs on tv instead of fighting with the ladies for the remote upstairs lol.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Having a snooker table at home is incredible, @john.desborough! I'm jealous of you. 

What programs do you usually watch? Come on, you can all watch TV together! Hahaha. 

This weekend I visited a small city called Sitges. It's a 30 minutes train ride from Barcelona. Beautiful! Spent the whole Saturday over there! And had an amazing calamari meal for lunch! 

What about you @Paulo, @Michaela, @Liz, @Kosta and Des? Did you enjoy your weekend? :hugging:

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I walked over to the river this morning to have a coffee and do a little 30-60-90 day planning sitting on the bench with this view.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ooo, I love Sitges, @Gabi Amaral ! You’re making me miss Spain!

I’m currently working from my sister’s new apartment in Minneapolis, but since she’s on a training call today that’s fully on video, I can’t walk in the background to take a photo of where I am without being caught on camera, literally HA! Once she’s done with work, I’ll send a photo. There’s not much of a view here though except for a tennis court - she upgraded apartments! :heart_eyes:

@john.desborough Do you use any apps for your 30/60/90 planning? I used to have a paper planner for this, but I got tired of carrying in my luggage. I haven’t been able to find a good app in comparison though. :\

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Liz - i use my Remarkable writing tablet to capture my thinking (sitting alongside rivers etc...) and then use Trello to capture the tasks.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah, Trello is a great idea - thanks @john.desborough ! And I’ll check out Remarkable!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, you should come here next Summer @Liz! Wow, I'm happy for your sis! Don't forget to send us a photo of the view. I've never been to Minneapolis! Is it a nice city? 

Are there any plans made during your time by the river that you can share with us, @john.desborough? I love planning trips! One of my favorite things! :heart_eyes:

I wish I had lovely photos like @Gabi Amaral and @john.desborough, but I’m still stucked inside my house until goverment lifts the state of emergency by the end of September. :sweat_smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That's dangerous, @Paulo! If I was in your situation I'd be probably eating 80% of my free time. Hahaha. The other half would be about Netflix and sleeping !

Well, September is almost over! Hang in there! You can always come here to chat if you feel lonely! :heart_eyes:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ok, I totally forgot to take a photo of her new apartment view, but I also realize that directly outside of her apartment are more apartments across the way, so it might have been a little creepy of a photo ha! @Gabi Amaral yes! It is….but in the summer. The winters are quite brutal. 

@Paulo do you have some good snacks while you’re stuck inside? :heart_eyes:

That’s exactly my problem, @Gabi Amaral! I have my bed AND my exercise bike in the same room as my working desk. Do I need to say which one has accumulated a fine layer of dust? Hahaha!

@Liz, Unfortunately not… I'm making a point of not buying snacks while we are in the state of emergency. I'm pretty sure of the outcome if I happen to have snacks around me.:rofl:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh yes, @Liz! I've heard winters over there are brutal. I'm glad it's not Winter yet! Do you have plans to visit her in Winter?

Hahaha I feel you, @Paulo! That's why I decided to train with a friend instead. Then, there's no way I won't go because she'll be waiting for me. 

Guys, I'm finally in Milan! Arrived yesterday night and already met my friends. They're working as well which is good because we created our own co-working space here! Hehehe. As you know, I love a cliché, so here's a photo I took as soon as I arrived here! Hehehehe.

Wishing you a fantastic Thursday! :blue_heart:

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just passing by to tell you I'm traveling in the French Riviera! I always wanted to get to know France a little bit better. The whole "I've only been to Paris" was haunting me for a while! Hehe So I decided to visit this area! I spent an entire day in Monaco and Monte Carlos and it's absolutely gorgeous! 

I was also quite emotional to follow the track of the Monaco GP! I'm a huge fan of the Brazilian pilot Ayrton Senna, who made history here! Although he died in 1994, he is considered the King of Monaco because he won 6 F1 races here, a record! Still a legend! :blue_heart:

What about you? How's your view today? @john.desborough @Liz @Paulo @Michaela @Kosta