Answered

Removing Tracking Code from Typeform iframe

• 25 February 2021
  • 3 replies

Is it possible to remove google analytics tracking tag/code from a Typeform survey (iframe)?

icon

Best answer by Liz 25 February 2021, 21:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @DesMartin Thanks for joining the community! :) 

If you’re looking to remove the GA integration setup in your form, you can do that like this by going to Connect → Google Analytics → Click the 3 dots → Delete

If you’re looking to remove the tracking we place on the forms, I’m afraid it’s not possible to remove this. 

Hope this helps!

Hi @DesMartin Thanks for joining the community! :) 

If you’re looking to remove the GA integration setup in your form, you can do that like this by going to Connect → Google Analytics → Click the 3 dots → Delete

If you’re looking to remove the tracking we place on the forms, I’m afraid it’s not possible to remove this. 

Hope this helps!

@Liz I think there is a way to remove the tracking put in place, using a custom Javascript tag on the host website. I’m not sure if this is something you (Typeform team) want, but if yes, I can post a short example. I dealt with a similar issue with AirTable iframe embeds, and wrote some custom Javascript code to intercept and block tracking requests coming through their iframes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@complete-novice thanks for joining the call today. :) Would you mind sharing your solution here? I thought I copied it from Zoom, but apparently not. :( 

For some context, we won’t be able to support any issues in the form when custom code is added, but others may find the solution helpful!