How did you find the sign up process?

• 11 November 2020
  • 13 replies

Badge +5

Hi folks, 

hope you made it safe and sound to the community, just wondering how you find the sign up process with the ‘mega’ secret code. I want to make sure this is as easy an intuitive as possible so keen to hear your thoughts. 

Talking this opportunity to test a very suitable gif 

13 replies

Badge +5

Hey @agnesabel, keen to hear your experience signing up. Was it easy enough?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@gabriel my experience was easy enough! It was a little confusing because of the page I was sent to, but hadn’t created an account yet. But otherwise easy!

Badge +5

What page do you mean? The one to create an account? Thing is at the moment the forum is hidden from the outer world so that page is like a gatekeeper, only with the code you can get in. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Yeah great question, I apologize for not being clear :) The page I was sent to was a general login, so I wasn’t sure where to enter the SUPERSECRET code. But then it took me a second to find it haha so do not fret, @Gabriel !! I got here in the end!

Badge +5

Yeah great question, I apologize for not being clear 🙂 The page I was sent to was a general login, so I wasn’t sure where to enter the SUPERSECRET code. But then it took me a second to find it haha so do not fret, @Gabriel !! I got here in the end!

No need to apologize! It can be confusing and I'm considering to make some tweaks, just want to make sure it's as intuitive as possible to access the beta community. 

Hi @Gabriel same as @amy.carlson commented above, the https://community.typeform.com/ link in the email loaded the login page instead of the signup page for me. Other than that, it was straightforward :)

Badge +5

Hi @Gabriel same as @amy.carlson commented above, the https://community.typeform.com/ link in the email loaded the login page instead of the signup page for me. Other than that, it was straightforward :)

Agree, first thing we should see is the code page. 

Hey @Gabriel it was easy and intuitive for me. I have another comment about creating my profile. I added a picture and info and then clicked on save, what happened was that I saw: information was saved correctly but also a message in red saying: Your picture needs to be 90x90 and max 5MB. When I click on my profile I see the picture I added there so I am not sure if that picture is saved and visible to others or not?

Badge +5

Hey @Gabriel it was easy and intuitive for me. I have another comment about creating my profile. I added a picture and info and then clicked on save, what happened was that I saw: information was saved correctly but also a message in red saying: Your picture needs to be 90x90 and max 5MB. When I click on my profile I see the picture I added there so I am not sure if that picture is saved and visible to others or not?

Awesome, it’s great to have you, Michelle! Yeah, that message sounds weird because your picture has been uploaded properly. In fact, your profile picture is amazing!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

It was a snap - I managed to get through it without having to resort to a third cup of coffee.. well done and looking good here.. 

Badge +5

It was a snap - I managed to get through it without having to resort to a third cup of coffee.. well done and looking good here.. 

Fab, good to know Des. I’m planning to enable sign up via Typeform account soon - will keep you all posted as the join journey will change - for the better!

Userlevel 3

Fab, good to know Des. I’m planning to enable sign up via Typeform account soon - will keep you all posted as the join journey will change - for the better!

Nice to know @Gabriel. I'm curious how users will be able to access the community from their TF accounts once they're actually signed up as well? Maybe we can give them another option like they have to the HC here:

Seperate question, it seems when you upload images in comments like this, there's no way to adjust the size? Are we all doomed to a future of giant screenshots? :laughing:

Badge +5

You reading my mind, James. Im working on a plan that I call community discoverability and includes: main nav bar, builder, HC, support, etc. May take a while until we get there, but the idea is that it’s accessible from multiple areas. 

And yeah, looks like we are stuck with giants images - will ask about that just in case.