Answered

100% drop-off rate according to analytics?

• 25 June 2021
  • 3 replies

I’m new to typeform.  I have google analytics hooked up to my form.  I see the hits to the form url just fine, but when I look at the Behavior Flow it shows that nearly 100% of people who see my form aren’t seeing any internal pages.  Right now I have a button that redirects my survey takers to mydomain.com/facebook?utm…..

Can that be true?

Shouldn’t I see some people navigating to other pages?  Is this a function of tracking with typeform and my site?  Does GA fail to connect the dots and know that it’s a continuation?

Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by Liz 29 June 2021, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @justinyoung3231 thanks for stopping by the community! Our tech support team let us know they’re working on figuring out why this is through your ticket. If you have any updates you wouldn’t mind sharing in case others have a similar question, that’d be great!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @justinyoung3231 ,

Do you have any responders you could reach out to with a warm follow-up to inquire about the follow-up page - to see if perhaps they did visit it vs. didn’t? 

Does the GA data for the landing page you redirect users to show an increase during the timeframe your Typeform was live? GA is so complicated I’m curious if the data is there but the way it’s presented it might be ‘hidden’.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi again, @justinyoung3231 ! Our tech team let me know they sent the following: 

I think I know the issue, it seems to be related to the form being rendered on our domain and not on the page it's embedded into (a side effect of the iframe used to embed). Unfortunately with embedded forms, we do often see some issues with analytics as we don't offer cross-domain tracking that can map users from your landing page, then into the form, and back from the form to your page once submitted. In this case, it's reading any user that leaves the form as a drop-off and for now, we don't have a way to avoid this I am sorry to say.

While not the ideal answer, hopefully this gives some clarity. If there’s anything else I can answer for you, please let me know!