Answered

Add Guest Emails to Calendly

• 12 January 2024
  • 4 replies

I created a form to schedule an online notarization appointment. One of the features I need is to be able to add the email address of additional signers to the Calendly invitation. I can currently prefill the Calendly widget with the primary signer’s First Name, Last Name, and Email, however I do not see a way of passing the other emails I have collected into the guests section of Calendly.

Is there a way to do this? Either natively within the form or via API?

icon

Best answer by jeremielp 13 January 2024, 18:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You can do that natively in the Typeform UI, for Name and Email automatically. When you are on the Calendly question, in the right column, section “Question,” there is a part “Autofill info With data from your Typeform” where you can indicate what to fill in Calendly Name and Email field.

If you want to fill more fields (like separated first name and last name) or custom ones, it won’t work using the Calendly question in the Typeform UI. In that case, you can host the Calendly widget in another page of your site, and redirect the Typeform to this page, passing the user values in the URL. Then, configure your Calendly widget to read them.

Makes sense. I figured this would end up being the solution. Now I just need to make the transition from Typeform to the Calendly embed look elegant. That will be a challenge.

So use a webhook to gather all the form data then send it across in the calendly URL, yes?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

One option is also to directly redirect to your Calendly booking link. In that case, you don’t need a webhook.

Create endings. Choose Redirect to URL

https://www.typeform.com/help/a/end-screens-and-redirects-360051791392/

Then pass the TF variables into the Calendly url ?first_name=XXX&last_name=XXX&email=XXX

https://help.calendly.com/hc/en-us/articles/226766767-Pre-populate-invitee-information-on-the-scheduling-page?tab=tab1

Note that you must have defined your event with First Name / Last Name. If the Calendly event just use Name, it won’t put together both fields and just show a blank name.

The issue is always with adding guests, not the primary signer/invitee. Extracting the TF variables for each additional signer (guest) has proven to be not great.