Question

Adding a Typeform custom conversion to Facebook

Userlevel 2

I’ve just added the Facebook pixel and HTML for the subdomain to my Typeform. However, typeform.com is not showing up as a domain on Facebook (although the subdomain is, and has been verified) and I’m not seeing the Typeform1stInteraction and TypeformSubmit custom events. 

This is the second account I’ve tried to set up - I just need to get it live and the Typeform events used for a conversion Facebook campaign - the other account is setup for this and working - but this FB account isn’t even seeing the custom events.

Any ideas @Thijmen ?  I know you have a problem with the FB verification etc, but now it’s not even seeing the typeform custom events to use in ads. Is this a known problem?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

HI @Jvadams thanks for stopping by the community! Once you’ve connected Typeform to Facebook, you’ll need to submit a response so those events can appear. Have you submitted a response after setting up the integration? :grinning:

Userlevel 2

@Liz sadly I have done this - as this worked previously with the other accounts I managed to get live - but hasn’t worked with the two accounts last week. Something, sadly, seems to have changed which isn’t allowing the custom conversions to show in Facebook. I have sent a ticket to support - but have had no reply for several days. Please could you look into this urgently for me? I will DM you the name of the account with the outstanding ticket. 

HI @Jvadams thanks for stopping by the community! Once you’ve connected Typeform to Facebook, you’ll need to submit a response so those events can appear. Have you submitted a response after setting up the integration? :grinning:

Same thing happened to me I submitted a responce, the pixel chrome thingy says its on the page but I can’t create a custom conversion

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jvadams I got your message - thanks! Our support team has responded to your email, so be sure to check the spam box just in case it ended up there.

Userlevel 2

@Liz If they have responded it wasn’t to me. I specifically asked for them to email me at janevadams at gmail dot com but did they perhaps email the owner of the account sthompson at dorsetwildlifetrust? If they did I won’t see the email. Could they cc me? 

Thanks. Jane 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jvadams the support team has confirmed that they did send their response to your Gmail address. Would you mind checking your spam inbox to be sure it isn’t there? It may also appear under the “Promotional” tab. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello, unfortunately I have the same problem..
Pixel installed, domain verified, api etc, everything was done.
Chrome pixel helper shows me the option, firstinteraction and submit. At events manager i also see typeformfirstinteraction and submit but when I want to create custom conversion unfortunately it doesn't show me. thank you for your support

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yea thanks for stopping by! Could you send a few screenshots of what you already have setup and where you’re getting stuck? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello, here are some screenshots…

Have tried several times now.
I manage 3 different business accounts, they all work without any problems. only have problems with this typeform - form..
been waiting for 1 week for custom events to see them

.. unfortunately still not.. pixel is correctly installed, settings in the business manager are correct, but I still don't see the custom events. Cache was deleted, infinite times the form was also filled out by testing the event

I really need your help.. have to start with the campaigns..

I have exactly the same issue here, i’m sad to see Typeform support does not have any answer 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Yea and @Thibaudj Our tech support team can take a closer look at this for you, as they’ll be able to access your forms and see if the events are sending correctly. You can contact them from your account email here