Answered

Adding to Mailchimp only respondents who give consent

• 8 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Hi everybody, we currently use typeform to create personalised quotations to our holiday services for our customers.

I’d like to insert 2 final questions to my form:

• Legal consent: mandatory, the person gives me the consent to contact him with the quotation required
  • Newsletter consent: optional, only if the customers wants to join our newsletter list

I already have my Mailchimp integration active but as of now only the Legal consent is part of the form (meaning that EVERYONE who fills in the forms gets automatically subscribed to our Mailchimp without choice, although this is not possible for European GDPR laws).

Many thanks for helping us out!

Iole

icon

Best answer by Liz 9 March 2022, 17:33

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @iolepi Happy Wednesday! I hope you’re having a great week so far. 

Directly in the native integration, we don’t have a way to prevent data from sending to Mailchimp based on answers. 

Though, what you could do instead is tag the respondents according to their response to those questions and then build an automation that would either keep them in Mailchimp, delete them, or add them to the newsletter. 

If you didn’t want to build a workflow in Mailchimp, then you could use the filters in Zapier to only send the contacts into Mailchimp based on their responses. 

Let me know if either of these options work for you, and I can also build an example set up accordingly. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @iolepi! Hope you're having a nice day! Were you able to follow Liz's suggestion above? Let us know if you did and if it worked. Wishing you all the best!