Answered

Airtable Integration with OAuth?

• 10 August 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1

I want to create an integration between Airtable and Typeform. However, when I click through the Airtable Integration in Typeform it takes me to a screen that asks for the Airtable API Key. As of Aug 1, Airtable will no longer create API Keys and I must use OAuth Tokens instead.  

A quick Google Search says that Typeform uses OAuth 2.0. That’s not given as an option to integrate with Airtable though. 

Does anyone have any answers on this? Is it just a wait until Typeform rolls over to Tokens? My needs are quite time sensitive so any help would be greatly appreciated. 

icon

Best answer by VTPharaoh 10 August 2023, 01:18

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 1

UPDATE: Right after I sent the question above I saw I had a reply from customer support. The answer is use an old API if you have one, wait until it updates if you don’t or use Zapier in the meantime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hey @VTPharaoh thanks so much for sharing the answer here, I’m sure that will help other members coming to the community with a similar question 🙏

@VTPharaoh did they give a timeframe in which they thought the update might happen? To @grace

this is the one thing preventing me from becoming a Typeform customer.

Userlevel 1

@brandoaire they did not, but Airtable is allowing the use of old API keys until January I believe before they do away with them all together. I would think Typeform would want to update before then. 

I wasn’t an Airtable user before the deprecation so don’t have have the ability to generate a new one in the meantime. Annoying!

Userlevel 1

Yep. I missed the ability to create a new API key by 1 week. I got mine to work with Zapier in the meantime though

I’m struggling to get the “multiple choice” fields from Typeform to enter correctly into Airtable’s multiple choice forms. Do you have any of those?

Userlevel 1

I had the same problem actually. I didn’t set up the original Typeform I’m working with, but it was already sending responses to a Google Sheet automatically somehow. I’m not sure how this was exactly done. After trying for about an hour to get Typeform to send directly to Airtable, then fighting for another hour the same issue you’re facing with Zapier not sending the multiple select fields correctly, I made a Zap from the Google Sheet to Airtable and it works great. So my process is now:
Typeform → Google Sheet → Zapier → Airtable. 

I’m sure someone with more knowledge about Zapier could probably have fixed it straight from Typeform to Airtable using Zapier, but I couldn’t get it to work. I hope this helps. 

Terrible job by typeform to not update this. 

Is there any update on when typeform will update the integration?  The help article lists October 2023...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @VTPharaoh @brandoaire @internieaginoang @mkalish The great @Madeline Tolge has posted an update about Airtable below!

Let us know if you have any questions. 😀