Question

Assistance with UTM parameters

• 3 January 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi!
I'm trying to send UTM Parameters from Typeform to my CRM and for some reason it doesn't work, can anyone help me with that?

Let's say that this is the full URL: toplaw-academy.co.il?utm_source=GoogleAds&utm_campaign=1234&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=test&adgroupid=567&network=ggg

I have enabled UTM Tracking in the Typeform (Under the gear icon), and also enabled in the 'Share'-'Advanced' menus the options of "Read URL Parameters" + "Set custom values" (I also tried turning that off). It doesn't send the UTM parameters to my CRM.
What am I missing?
Thanks!!!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @toplaw What is the CRM you’re using? And how do you have the two integrated? Any screenshots you could share would be handy!

Hi! I’m using the CRM I’m using is Fireberry by Powerlink. I’m having no issues passing UTM parameters from an Elementor website, but for some reason I can’t get Typeform UTMs to be sent there.

UTM Tracking is ON

Am I missing something?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thanks, @toplaw ! How are you sending the data from typeform to your CRM? 

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I don’t know if you are sending users directly to Typeform, or if the Typeform is embed on your website.

If the Typeform is on your website, make sure you have done step 9 here:

https://www.typeform.com/help/a/dynamically-pass-utm-values-from-a-url-to-an-embedded-typeform-for-advanced-users-4406211186580/