Answered

Automated email reminder to responders who haven't completed a form

Hi! I am working on a membership automated flow for our company. What I want to do is:

Application process:

Stage 1: Answer form 1 - wait for 2 working days after submission to send an email acknowledging receipt of application (already set this time delay up on MailChimp)

Stage 2: Answer form 2 - this is where my question goes in. Is there a way for us to detect which applicants who completed form 1 haven’t submitted form 2? Because what we’d want to do next is to send them automated reminder emails (e.g. “5 days left to submit form 2”). 

I know we can detect them manually if we check each applicants, but my clients want it automated so we can focus on other areas of our network. Thanks!!

icon

Best answer by john.desborough 5 July 2022, 17:09

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@heyitscamille - just a thought but you could apply a tag in Mailchimp when the user submits form1 (ie form1_complete) and then again when a user submits form 2. (ie form2_complete)

you would then set up your automation to send to all those with “form1_complete AND NOT form2_complete” 

i know that you can create and use tags in Mailchimp but it is not a platform that I use personally so I can’t give you the specifics. 

des

Many thanks for the info, John! I will take a look into it and try reaching out to MailChimp’s support as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Let us know what they say, @heyitscamille! 😉